ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RF Venue has new spectrum analysis software  (Read 5019 times)

Rick Earl

RF Venue has new spectrum analysis software
« on: November 11, 2015, 11:40:58 AM »

RF venue just announced this:
http://www.rfvenue.com/vantage
It's MAC OS based and works with the RF Explorer. 
I like the fact that you can export  into Wireless Workbench without having to convert. 

Kristian Stevenson

• Lynchburg, VA
Re: RF Venue has new spectrum analysis software
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:25:58 PM »

Rick, I saw this the other day.
You mention the compatibility with the RF explorer. Curious if you have used it and your thoughts on it. I'm looking for an "affordable" wide-band UHF scanner for coordination purposes and the RF explorer seems to fit the bill.

Kristian Stevenson

Rick Earl

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »

Rick, I saw this the other day.
You mention the compatibility with the RF explorer. Curious if you have used it and your thoughts on it. I'm looking for an "affordable" wide-band UHF scanner for coordination purposes and the RF explorer seems to fit the bill.

I own the RF explorer, and with the software they have I can scan and add the information manually to Wireless Workbench. I also work at a university and use it as a teaching tool.   I do not travel as much any more so it works for my needs.  The new software looks promising with the feature sets, I'm waiting to download my trial until after Thanksgiving as I have some back to back events with heavy RF in that time. 

I've been pleased with RF Explorer and it has been accurate enough for what I do.  If RF coordination was my full time gig or my demands were higher, I would consider something a little higher end.    Right now my heaviest use might have me coordinating 60 channels over three adjacent venues and our location does not have a lot of broadcast interference so far it has been pretty straightforward.   With the  600MHz spectrum going away and the repacking of the remaining spectrum, that  may change. 

For the combined price of software and hardware, it seems to me a pretty reasonably priced tool that's not going to hurt to own, my experience with RF Venue has been very good, I use quite a few of their products with no issues.

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 03:32:09 AM »

Hello Kristian,

I've been quite happy using the RF Explorer to scan the venues I work in, then import those scans into Wireless Workbench to do coordination.

I've written a tutorial on how to import RFE scans into WWB6 which (thankfully) will end up obsolete because software products like Vantage or Touchstone have the ability to export .csv files formatted for WWB.

In the end the are a couple of screenshots: (I don't seem to be able to insert them in line with the text...)

1) First one is on an 24th floor terrace of an hotel here in Barcelona, using the RFE and a small Sennheiser dipole antenna.

2) Second one is on the stage of the national theater (also in Barcelona), using a Shure UA860 dipole antenna for both RFE (yellow) and Shure AXT600 Analyser (green) scans.

Somehow the RF Explorer scans bring up some more factual data about the surrounding TV channels and 4G-LTE (in the 800Mhz band) than the Axient analyser... hope I wasn't doing nothing wrong!

Here's the link to the actual files, if you fell like importing them to WWB6:

RFE Hotel
RFE TNC
AXT TNC
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:36:41 AM by Diogo Nunes Pereira »
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

steve shepard

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »

RF venue just announced this:
http://www.rfvenue.com/vantage
It's MAC OS based and works with the RF Explorer. 
I like the fact that you can export  into Wireless Workbench without having to convert.

Quick question- the RF Venue site has a rack mounted RF explorer on it. Is there a version of this that is smaller? I think I saw one somewhere by the same name. Is it the same stuff in a smaller package?
Thanks

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »

Quick question- the RF Venue site has a rack mounted RF explorer on it. Is there a version of this that is smaller? I think I saw one somewhere by the same name. Is it the same stuff in a smaller package?
Thanks
There's a bunch now.
http://rfexplorer.com/models/
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.