ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need your opinion & advice.  (Read 3407 times)

Alex Youn

Need your opinion & advice.
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:07:28 AM »

Hi everybody,
I am looking for your opinion and advice. I made a soundwave guide (call it “No Echo” guide) to make more life like sound. The speaker with No Echo (NE) guide sounds more live and real. NE redirects soundwaves like our lips and tongue to make clearer dialogue.

Also, No Echo (NE) reduces wall reflection sound that even acoustically very live rooms don’t need the acoustic treatment. I tested NE in few churches, cathedral temple, dance club, hotel events, outdoor event, DJing, etc., and NEs were very effective. The dialogue is very intelligible. The sound with NE is louder than without NE. The coverage area of sound is same or better. I haven’t found any weakness on NE’s sound.

Can you hear the difference between 2 speakers?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ytm6gWM5_FI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The shape of No Echos.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QDoEf5GoT9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am considering making commercial speakers with NE. Do you think NE speakers are marketable? Will you buy them if the price is same with competitions?

I am looking for your advice and opinion about “No Echo” sound guide. Any thought will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Alex
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:27:33 AM by Alex Youn »

Gregory Roig

Re: Need your opinion & advice.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:02:46 AM »

Alex,
If these work as well as expected why not market them as retrofit for a person's already existing speakers. I use EV Sx series which sound good, but could these make them sound better? Or perhaps they could make speakers sound better in certain situations/in certain venues.
The downside is I imagine you'd have to make a great number of versions of your wave guide to fit the plethora of speakers out there.

Gregory Roig

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:31:51 AM »

I realize most P.A. speakers ALREADY have wave guides installed, mostly for the higher frequencies (since lower freqs tend to be more omni-directional...). So I guess retro fit to P.A. isn't such a great idea.  What about retrofit to existing home stereo speakers?

Alex Youn

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 12:28:43 PM »

Alex,
If these work as well as expected why not market them as retrofit for a person's already existing speakers. I use EV Sx series which sound good, but could these make them sound better? Or perhaps they could make speakers sound better in certain situations/in certain venues.
The downside is I imagine you'd have to make a great number of versions of your wave guide to fit the plethora of speakers out there.

Hi Gregory,
Thank you very much for your thought!

I've tested with probably 100 audio pros and non-pros and everybody (100%) like the sound of NE speaker better. NE guide will change the sound of EV Sx same way.
I tested that NE speaker sounds better in every situation I had (Dance club, Church, Temple, DJs, Band, etc.

15" diameter NE will fit almost (98%?) every 15" woofers. 12" NE will fit 12" woofers. I will only deal with 12" and 15" for now. Tweeter NE is same for almost high freq drivers.

Currently, I am hand-making NE plastic guides. Making metal molding for plastic injection of NE guide is expensive. it is a big commitment. That's why I need your opinion and feedback.

Alex

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber