ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Racking a Soundcraft Ministagebox  (Read 5555 times)

Mark Campbell

Racking a Soundcraft Ministagebox
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »

Portable church install of a SC Expression 1 at FOH and Mini Stagebox16 at the back of a low stage. What are you using to rack a Mini Stagebox in? Pics are a plus. Thanks.

Mark Campbell

Re: Racking a Soundcraft Ministagebox
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:52:24 PM »

Portable church install of a SC Expression 1 at FOH and Mini Stagebox16 at the back of a low stage. What are you using to rack a Mini Stagebox in? Pics are a plus. Thanks.

Nobody??

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:16:50 PM »

This has come up a few times on the Behringer S16s or similar, here is one in particular you might get some ideas from? http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,154643.0.html

Mark Campbell

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 06:44:17 AM »

Thanks Dave.

jeff grocki

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 12:03:17 PM »

Here is what I have 4u rack little "poormans" distro included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel Mevis

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 09:25:52 AM »

Just to be clear... I've been trying to figure this out for a while.

Are you using the Mini Stage box as a digital snake. My church is about to purchase a SI Performer 3 and I want to change over to a digital snake as well. And from what I can tell using a Mini Stagebox on stage with a MADI card in the desk FOH (connected via copper or fiber) will work exactly like this?

Sorry to Hi-jack the thread. I've done many searches just couldn't find a defined answer.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:45:45 AM »

Gator molded case with wheels and pull out handle. Not a big fan of molded cases but this works really good and is light weight

The power strip is where I plug in all my powered monitors using all in one cables

Mark Campbell

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 12:43:08 PM »

Just to be clear... I've been trying to figure this out for a while.

Are you using the Mini Stage box as a digital snake. My church is about to purchase a SI Performer 3 and I want to change over to a digital snake as well. And from what I can tell using a Mini Stagebox on stage with a MADI card in the desk FOH (connected via copper or fiber) will work exactly like this?

Sorry to Hi-jack the thread. I've done many searches just couldn't find a defined answer.
No problem on the hijack. You do have it exactly correct Performer with MADI card at FOH with Mini Stagebox on the stage. Single Cat5e to connect the two units. Repatch your channels to the MADI source. Good to go. Just make sure which of the two choices of Stageboxes you go with. 16/8 is price tempting but those 8 outputs get chewed up quickly.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »

The 8 analog outs on the Mini16 are replicated on the Mini32.  The second 8 outs on the Mini32 are via AES/EBU digital, and not directly useful to us smaller operators.  You need either AES inputs on your outboard equipment or AES to analog converters to get the extra outs.  The converter topic was covered in another thread recently.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Joel Mevis

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 01:41:58 PM »

No problem on the hijack. You do have it exactly correct Performer with MADI card at FOH with Mini Stagebox on the stage. Single Cat5e to connect the two units. Repatch your channels to the MADI source. Good to go. Just make sure which of the two choices of Stageboxes you go with. 16/8 is price tempting but those 8 outputs get chewed up quickly.

BOOM!!!! Awesome!!!! Thanks so much!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 01:41:58 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.