ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweetwater price drop  (Read 26896 times)

Stephen Kirby

Re: Sweetwater price drop
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 05:45:33 PM »

To me it's a no brainer.  The things you lose on the Impact like the individual gain knobs are much less important than stuff like the scribble strips.  There is a thread on the other sound forum where someone is complaining about limitations in channel count and routing flexibility.  I'm not sure if the operating software is any different from the 3 existing Expressions.  Well, it is somewhat different since they are different downloads.  But I don't know if there are any compromises or some people just don't know where to get at everything in the board.  Worth checking into things you would expect to do before making a switch.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »

"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Brian Bingham

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 06:42:43 PM »

X32 Bob... The exact console they're price chasing trying to make sales. It falls far short of an X32 feature wise tho. Buy it if you want but I owned one and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Either would the 4 guest sound techs that got to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clayton Ganzer

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »

X32 Bob... The exact console they're price chasing trying to make sales. It falls far short of an X32 feature wise tho. Buy it if you want but I owned one and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Either would the 4 guest sound techs that got to use it.

I too would like to know what large set of features an x32 has over an Impact. Maybe I could be persuaded to get an x32.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »

Guys, there is no shortage of threads about the X32.  The X32 fanboys seem to find an excuse to drop it into any thread, you know, just like this one!  If you don't already have all the info about that board you're not tryin'!

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »

Guys, there is no shortage of threads about the X32.  The X32 fanboys seem to find an excuse to drop it into any thread, you know, just like this one!  If you don't already have all the info about that board you're not tryin'!

Agreed.  And FWIW i only dropped it in because i found it humorous that they chose to drop the price to EXACTLY what the X32 is going for.  I mean they could have gone a couple bucks either way and made it a little less obvious.  :)

As to which is better, i really have no dog in that hunt...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

paul bell

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 11:46:42 PM »

In the smaller venue scene here in NYC, many clubs have the X32-to the point where if a band has an engineer, they expect it.

I've had & heard too many bad stories about Soundcraft over the years to trust it again. Not a Behringer fanboy but it's what's out there & looked for by people.

Thomas Berry

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 12:05:04 AM »

I have used both the X32 and the Expression 2.  Both have their pluses and minuses.  I like the x32 scribble strips, particularly the color coding, and I really don't care for the scene menu structure.  changing scenes on the iPad is pretty clunky, which can be an issue in theater applications.  I really like the sound of my expression, and love the routing flexibility.  No scribble strip is a bit of an issue, which I solve by putting bank one above the faders and bank 2 below.  I try to get everything I'm going to be adjusting on bank 1.  My 2cents worth.  Thinking about the Impact, but want to know more about the iPad app first.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 01:33:58 AM »

In the smaller venue scene here in NYC, many clubs have the X32-to the point where if a band has an engineer, they expect it.

I've had & heard too many bad stories about Soundcraft over the years to trust it again. Not a Behringer fanboy but it's what's out there & looked for by people.
Same thing here in Cleveland.  Smaller touring acts out of Chicago and Cincinnati same deal. 

I am a fan boy for the value prop and the ROI.  In the venues these things are used the mixer is not the weakest link sonic wise.

I can rent all I can buy and never have had a complaint   I can only comment the club scene. 

Dropped to EXACTLY the same price as an X32.  Weird.....

To me it's a no brainer.  The things you lose on the Impact like the individual gain knobs are much less important than stuff like the scribble strips.  There is a thread on the other sound forum where someone is complaining about limitations in channel count and routing flexibility.  I'm not sure if the operating software is any different from the 3 existing Expressions.  Well, it is somewhat different since they are different downloads.  But I don't know if there are any compromises or some people just don't know where to get at everything in the board.  Worth checking into things you would expect to do before making a switch.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 08:07:42 PM »

The first one up is always the best dressed. I mixed on an X32 two weeks ago for the first time and wasn't impressed at all. OK sound quality and ridiculous routing. At least I figured out why people like them more than the Soundcraft boards. Grainy sound, and plenty of lights.

As for Soundcraft failures I'll agree on a past failure rate that seemed high and past poor support for a short term. I imagine though that you could almost expect that to said when a company has been producing boards since 1975. I would have to believe the quality in the field to be quite high. My experience has always been good, even when repairs were needed, so YMMV.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 08:07:42 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.