ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweetwater price drop  (Read 26905 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Sweetwater price drop
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2015, 04:28:58 PM »

I don't remember saying anything about any system where everything could be seen on a single page or screen. If I did, point that out please and I'll retract my statement which was;

"There are better and more intuitive methods that could be used to simplify the method(s) used to achieve the desired results."
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »

I don't remember saying anything about any system where everything could be seen on a single page or screen. If I did, point that out please and I'll retract my statement which was;

"There are better and more intuitive methods that could be used to simplify the method(s) used to achieve the desired results."

What I said about viewing everything on a single screen, was in reference to the most beneficial aspect of the grid system. Which, in my opinion, makes it the easiest, and fastest method of routing. It wasn't in reference to anything you said.

I understood your statement as saying there exists a general routing system that is "better and more intuitive" than the grid system that was being discussed. Were you not referring to a routing method? If not, I apologize. If you were, again, I'm curious to know which method you think is better than the grid system.

Dustin Campbell

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2015, 08:58:29 PM »

All this talk really makes me want to pull the trigger on the impact or expression - off topic - I thought the original price of $2799 was a good deal - so the price drop makes the decision more difficult - to scribble or not to scribble - impact vs expression - great thread by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Banning CA,

Ken Braziel

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2015, 10:01:13 PM »

All this talk really makes me want to pull the trigger on the impact or expression - off topic - I thought the original price of $2799 was a good deal - so the price drop makes the decision more difficult - to scribble or not to scribble - impact vs expression - great thread by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using an Expression on a musical right now, I'm used to using tape so I don't miss the scribble-strips, even with 52 channels in use. I just put one strip of tape above the faders for layer A and one below for layer B, using the last five Mixes as stereo Groups (leads, kids, ensemble men, ensemble women, and orchestra).

Scott Bolt

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »

Using an Expression on a musical right now, I'm used to using tape so I don't miss the scribble-strips, even with 52 channels in use. I just put one strip of tape above the faders for layer A and one below for layer B, using the last five Mixes as stereo Groups (leads, kids, ensemble men, ensemble women, and orchestra).
I don't think that anyone believes that you can't get along with tape .... good lord knows all of us have done this.

The real issue is that most of us no longer want to "get along" with it.  At this price point in a mixer, LCD scribble strips are the new norm .... kind of like power windows ;)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2015, 12:13:27 PM »

I don't think that anyone believes that you can't get along with tape .... good lord knows all of us have done this.

The real issue is that most of us no longer want to "get along" with it.  At this price point in a mixer, LCD scribble strips are the new norm .... kind of like power windows ;)

You have windows?  I'm jealous.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »

You have windows?  I'm jealous.

which version?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Ken Braziel

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »

I hear that, and my company has a Performer 1 & 3 so I certainly appreciate them when I have them.

But... personally I'd take the Expression over the Impact, I'd rather have the gain knobs for all channels than scribble-strips. That and the reduced channel-count make me a bad fit for the Impact.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.