ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweetwater price drop  (Read 26912 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: Sweetwater price drop
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »

The first one up is always the best dressed. I mixed on an X32 two weeks ago for the first time and wasn't impressed at all. OK sound quality and ridiculous routing. At least I figured out why people like them more than the Soundcraft boards. Grainy sound, and plenty of lights.

As for Soundcraft failures I'll agree on a past failure rate that seemed high and past poor support for a short term. I imagine though that you could almost expect that to said when a company has been producing boards since 1975. I would have to believe the quality in the field to be quite high. My experience has always been good, even when repairs were needed, so YMMV.

And Behringer has had such a good history with their reliability over the years  :o

Robert Patch

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 08:57:41 PM »

And Behringer has had such a good history with their reliability over the years  :o

It's sort of like Behringer has finally come out with a good box wine.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 09:18:48 PM »

Good wine can't come from a box.  ;D

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 03:08:01 AM »

There is a Behringer winery.  Fairly cheap but drinkable wines, especially their white zin.  I use them for cooking.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »

There is a Behringer winery.  Fairly cheap but drinkable wines, especially their white zin.  I use them for cooking.

It's actually Beringer.  But yeah.  Very ironic....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 11:45:50 AM »

It's actually Beringer.  But yeah.  Very ironic....

LOL.. Yeah, if i actually drank it maybe I'd remember....
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 11:58:42 AM »

Does it come in a box instead of a bottle?
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 01:32:53 PM »

Does it come in a box instead of a bottle?

Wine in glass, consoles in boxes.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »

The first one up is always the best dressed. I mixed on an X32 two weeks ago for the first time and wasn't impressed at all. OK sound quality and ridiculous routing. At least I figured out why people like them more than the Soundcraft boards. Grainy sound, and plenty of lights.

As for Soundcraft failures I'll agree on a past failure rate that seemed high and past poor support for a short term. I imagine though that you could almost expect that to said when a company has been producing boards since 1975. I would have to believe the quality in the field to be quite high. My experience has always been good, even when repairs were needed, so YMMV.
First, I think the Impact is a pretty darned good mixer for the money.  Soundcraft obviously believes that they need to be price competitive with the X32.

As I have stated before, the channel input meters are not up to snuff with the X32 (which has double the resolution on its channel strip LED's).

Second, I don't know of anyone that has classified the X32 sound as "grainy". 

There are ample reasons to compare these two boards.  They are identical in price (now), and there is great value to those searching these forums for comparisons to be made.

I think they are both contenders.

As for the "ridiculous routing", while I agree that the routing of a complex digital mixer can be daunting, the lack of flexibility in routing can drive some sales away as well.

I do much prefer the PEQ physical setup on the Soundcraft mixers to that on the X32.  I really think Behringer should have bit the bullet and put a few more knobs on the unit for that purpose myself.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »

I am not sure how you quantify "grainy" in a setting as primitve as most of these boards live.  Day in and day out they are working in shit clubs, reinforcing shit bands, run by shit engineers on shitty to average PA's.   

On the higher end Pride Fest in Cleveland ran an X32 on the main stage without any issue all the way up to the national act.   

I have never heard the Soundcraft digital so not sure how that comparison would be made by me.  I am speaking anecdotaly. 

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.