ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Staggered Speakers for Church with delay on rear  (Read 7297 times)

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
New Staggered Speakers for Church with delay on rear
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »

did they change it? The last time I looked at the specs it only had 10ms of delay...that was barely enough to align some ground subs with some slightly widened flown mains at one of our church buildings I worked on.

This is a separate 'Input Delay' module. It's sort of useless for aligning speakers because it affects all three outputs. But if you're willing to dedicate the entire PA2 to your delay speakers then it will work. Basically your PA2 just becomes an expensive delay processor. But it gets the job done. Again, I don't advocate using it this way but if you have one lying around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Singleton

Re: New Staggered Speakers for Church with delay on rear
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »

Matt,

Not to get too far into your business, but are you getting paid to do this work?  The reason I ask is simple - if I am doing something for free or as a favor and the recipient wants to do something that is contrary to best practice, best result, or may harm my rep, I typically politely decline further assistance and walk away. 

Like I told one venue owner who wanted me to do something rather stupid and unsafe "Nope, don't want my fingerprints on this crime scene."

Paid or not, sometimes to decline is the only way to get them to believe they are going down the wrong path. It's an against the current swim or drown with them deal it sounds to me.

Barry.

Barry.
If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »

If you continue I would start every correspondence, mail, memo, and email, with this quote.

(While component selection is important, proper placement is a hundred times more important. I have heard expensive systems in the wrong place that cannot be made to sound good, and cheap systems in the right place that sound fine. And expensive systems in the right place that sound phenomenal.)
Jonathan Johnson

Not to Code

Chris Penny

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »

If the church is planing to move maybe the best way to go at this time may be just to replace the blown drivers in the current array?

If church leadership is absolutely committed to going towards such a system I would be pulling back from the job.  I would just state that what they are looking is complex and is therefore beyond your current skill-set and what they need to do is hire in an appropriate professional to sort it out.

Also I may have missed it but what type of program are you running? Traditional or something more contemporary?  From experience at Anglican churches in Sydney the traditional cruciform church can be difficult when running a contemporary program.
Sound Guy
Gymea Baptist Church
Sydney, Australia
www.gymeabaptist.org.au

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 26 queries.