ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What mixer to buy which has 32 mixes?  (Read 13858 times)

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
Re: What mixer to buy which has 32 mixes?
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 07:32:08 PM »

Bink -

Allen & Heath iLive 144 has 36 faders, mixes 64 inputs, 32 outputs, 144 fader positions.  The iLive T series mixracks all mix 64/32, but the T112 surface only has 28 faders.

Regards,

-Tim T

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »

TJ, do you know how many mixes it has? There seems to be no mention of this on their semi functional website.

Mac
They call it 64-bus, but if it's like their other products, it's actually more than that as A&H don't typically count effects returns. They claim 800x800 audio routing.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »

They call it 64-bus, but if it's like their other products, it's actually more than that as A&H don't typically count effects returns. They claim 800x800 audio routing.

800x800 has nothing to do with mixer capabilities, it has to do with the distributions system capabilities. Nor do FX returns have to do with mix buses, they are additional inputs, but if they claim 64 bus then that's what it is. Ae there 64 aux sends?

Mac

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 10:28:15 PM »

Digico SD10 has 3 banks of 12 and 1 master fader for 37 faders and 48 busses.  Pretty easy to layout the console to have 37 busses available at the same time.

I'd expect the SD5 and SD7 can do it too though I haven't worked on those desks.

SSL L500 has 3 banks of 12 and 2 master faders. for 38 faders and 256 processing paths.  Same as above, pretty easy to lay out what you're looking for on this desk too.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:11:21 PM by Erik Jerde »

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
What mixer to buy which has 32 mixes?
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 11:09:22 PM »

800x800 has nothing to do with mixer capabilities, it has to do with the distributions system capabilities. Nor do FX returns have to do with mix buses, they are additional inputs, but if they claim 64 bus then that's what it is. Ae there 64 aux sends?

Mac

I think the idea here is that it has 64 mix busses plus 16 dedicated FX busses, like their GLD series.

I second the previous question: what is he actual application here? Why do you need 32 busses 'on the same layer'? An explanation will help us help you.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 11:20:31 PM »

Mac
I haven't seen one in the flesh, but as Samuel said, I believe it is 64 mix busses: auxes, groups, mains, etc. depending on how you allocate them not counting the effects busses; effectively making it an 80 bus mixer the way Yamaha counts busses.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »

I think the idea here is that it has 64 mix busses plus 16 dedicated FX busses, like their GLD series.
Do you have experience with the GLD where you have seen these dedicated FX buses, because they are sure not mentioned anywhere in the documentation. The  dedicated FX returns are, but again, those are inputs not mix buses. Where do you access the mixes and FX sends, because that's not in the quick start guide either.

Mac

Michael {Bink} Knowles

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 11:28:16 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. I was sloppy with my wording; by "on the same layer" I was thinking about the same part of the block diagram, so that 32 mixes would be available in the same fashion, using the same routing. I don't need 32 faders in a row; it could be 16 faders in two banks.

The client is going to get me in contact with the soundscape people so that I can find out whether their notional processing box really needs 32 inputs from the house mixer or does it do some of its own calculations, as was suggested here by Stephen Kirby.

Whatever high output count mixer is bought, it must have some spare output XLRs left over for other potential needs, for instance front fill, stage monitors, DJ monitors, delays, sends to teleconferencing and streaming, etc. So I'll have to get a hard count from the soundscape people before I really go shopping.

-Bink

Peter Morris

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 01:09:27 AM »

A venue in San Francisco is considering getting a digital mixer that can run their normal corporate talking heads panel discussion gigs as well as their background music DJ party gigs, but the big problem they want to solve is compatibility with a notional 32-channel sound system that Stanford Research is cooking up. The mixer will have to have at least 32 outputs on the same layer as each other. What would you recommend?

-Bink

dLive 7000 - this is one desk you must check out - fantastic UI, 128in, 64 out all with GEQ, 96kHz, 16 efx, 24 DCA, 800 in and out on the network, 0.58ms latency ....

Here is the 5000 with 28 aux's on one layer  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:18:22 AM by Peter Morris »

Peter Morris

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 01:19:31 AM »

here is the configuration ... 36 Aux ... a few spare for you :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 01:19:31 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.