Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150 ?

(1/1)

Rob Spence:
So, I am not a lighting guy but sometimes you gotta have some visual bling.

I see these at a good price. I don't use them often so super heavy duty isn't important.

So, comments from folks who know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jay Barracato:
We have 4 in the club. Pretty good for a hard edge spot when about 20-25 feet back. Pretty basic for colors and the installed gobos.

These do not have the prism effect of the more expensive ones.

Been in use for almost 3 years 3-4 nights a week with no service problems yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

John Weaver:

--- Quote from: Rob Spence on October 27, 2015, 10:05:05 PM ---So, I am not a lighting guy but sometimes you gotta have some visual bling.

I see these at a good price. I don't use them often so super heavy duty isn't important.

So, comments from folks who know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

--- End quote ---

You can take my advice with a grain of salt because I've only recently been able to use some intelligent lighting, but we were able to find a great deal on some 60w moving head fixtures that are just about the same as the Qspot 260, with two gobo wheels, 3-prism, focus, & more. They are a bit smaller than traditional moving heads, perhaps more like the pocket spots, but I've been pretty pleased with them so far. They actually fit perfectly in the top of our 2" square truss when stood on end. And...we only paid $225 for each of them. Here is a link to the ones we found (price has gone up, but there are similar ones out there cheaper now): http://www.ebay.com/itm/60W-LED-540-Moving-Head-DJ-Stage-Spot-Light-DMX-Disco-Club-Party-Lighting-Show-/201385994900?hash=item2ee38a6a94:g:qK4AAOSw9N1Vn40X

Brandon Scopel:
I have a friend who got 6 of them for $300 a piece no tax.

I occasionally run lights for him with adj 2.0. They not to bright, needs fog. They are really light and really easy to put on truss. They have lasted 2 years coming on three, riding in plastic Walmart tubs with no padding, so they are really durable.

In the video, the adj mega tripars do drown them out quite a bit. Lots of flash and trash going on.

https://youtu.be/1FmBmnSS5_Q

There are a few different videos on his page, a lot high dance type stuff.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version