ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RF Explorer .csv formatting for WSM  (Read 13031 times)

keithfarmer

• The Audio Alliance
Re: RF Explorer .csv formatting for WSM
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:32 AM »

Oh, Just realised I made a small error in my info above. The ScanName field in the header will need to be populated otherwise it will fail to load into WSM.

Hi James

I too am interested in the search strings to use in TextWrangler in order to only remove the decimal point from the Frequency

Thanks

Keith

James Kazeze

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »

Hi James

How did you set the wildcard on TextWrangler? What do you set it to look for, or exclude?

Thanks!
Zoe

Hi Zoe, Sorry I've not been back here in a little while! However, if it's still of use to you, I do two Grep find and replace searches in Textwrangler.
The first is:
Find "(...)\.(...)" and replace with "\1\2" Without the speech marks.
Generally in a Grep search in Textwrangler, a "." is a wildcard for any single digit number.  the "\." tells it that I'm looking for a point/period/full stop and not a random number. so the first argument basically tells it that I want it to find two sets of three digit numbers separated by a decimal point. the "\1\2" in the replace field means I want it to replace all the instances it fins in the search with the two sets of three digit numbers. "\1" being hte first set of three digit numbers it found, and "\2" being the second. this effectively just removes the decimal points from the frequencies! Using the replace all option does them all in one fell swoop.

The second is:
Find "," and replace with ";;" Again, without the speech marks.
This isn't actually a Grep search, but it doesn't matter if it's still in Grep search mode. it won't affect the result. This just replaces all the commas with two sets of semi-colons.

I hope that helps!

James Kazeze

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 06:40:10 PM »

James, if you don't mind I'd like to put this on my site?

Hi Peter, Sure, feel free. This info is here to help people use the data as they need to. It's best shared!

James Kazeze

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »

Jeez... I totally missed this! Thank you very much James.

D

Not a problem at all!

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 07:51:50 PM »

It's pretty simple but you need to have the right tools!
It's easiest if you use a text editor that allows you to use wildcards in the find and replace search. I am using a program called textwrangler which is free in the apple app store for mac.

Hi Zoe, Sorry I've not been back here in a little while! However, if it's still of use to you, I do two Grep find and replace searches in Textwrangler.
The first is:
Find "(...)\.(...)" and replace with "\1\2" Without the speech marks.

As an alternative to TextWrangler for us RF Explorer and Windows users: In Notepad++ this same procedure (and wildcards) worked just fine.

Most times I'm a heavy Shure user but finally have a production that has me dealing with WSM again... Feels like so many things are done so much better in WWB6.

Though note that you'll need to change XXXXXX to your scan's starting (lowest) frequency, YYYYYY to your scan's end (highest) frequency and ZZ to the size of frequency step between values in KHz. My scans all use 25KHz steps so I don't know if it will work with any other size step as WSM itself uses 25KHz steps for it's scans.
It's also important to note the RFUnit value. I have it set to dBm as that's what I get from my RF explorer. WSM defaults to dB with it's scans. If your scans give you RF level in dB change the RFUnit to dB instead.

Can confirm that WSM loaded fine one of my scan files with a 125kHz step.
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 07:51:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.