ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure RF out > Sennheiser compatibility issues?  (Read 2485 times)

Mark Hadman

Shure RF out > Sennheiser compatibility issues?
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »

I tried using the RF distribution ports of a Shure UR4D+ receiver to feed the RF inputs of a Sennheiser G3 EW100 receiver, but it was as if there was no antenna plugged into the Sennheiser. I solved the problem by using a passive Sennheiser antenna splitter to feed both units, but I'd like to know why my original setup didn't work. The Sennheiser is in the GB range (606-648MHz) and the Shure is K4E (606-666MHz).

Neil White

Re: Shure RF out > Sennheiser compatibility issues?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:22:53 AM »

I tried using the RF distribution ports of a Shure UR4D+ receiver to feed the RF inputs of a Sennheiser G3 EW100 receiver, but it was as if there was no antenna plugged into the Sennheiser. I solved the problem by using a passive Sennheiser antenna splitter to feed both units, but I'd like to know why my original setup didn't work. The Sennheiser is in the GB range (606-648MHz) and the Shure is K4E (606-666MHz).

I believe the RF output of the UR4D+ is only active if it detects the DC bias present on the antenna input of another UHF-R unit or similar. Also important to note that the RF outputs are filtered to the tuning range of the UR4D+

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:41:57 AM »

http://shure.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3990/~/ur4%2B-receiver-vs.-ur4-receiver
NOTE: The RF distribution circuitry is activated only if connected to an RF input that has 12 Vdc bias. 

Each UR4+ RF antenna input port provides 12Vdc bias @ 150mA. The 12V dc bias is present only when the UR4+ receiver is powered on.  Therefore, if a cascaded UR4+ receiver is powered off, the RF signal will not appear in the UR4+ receivers that follow the powered-off receiver.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:41:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.