Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Clear-Com HelixNet fetures expanded

<< < (3/4) > >>

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Chris Johnson [UK] on October 24, 2015, 10:20:37 AM ---Its worth saying too that an E-Que card (for FSII) is in fact the same exact hardware as an IVC-32 card, just with a different firmware, so I'd expect to see even more convergence here as the system is developed. Antennas over POE would be nice... I had some demo ones from CC once that had mysterious PoE ports...

--- End quote ---

The FSII antennas are POE and the antenna splitter supplies the power.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Chris Johnson [UK] on October 24, 2015, 10:20:37 AM ---Its worth saying too that an E-Que card (for FSII) is in fact the same exact hardware as an IVC-32 card, just with a different firmware, so I'd expect to see even more convergence here as the system is developed. Antennas over POE would be nice... I had some demo ones from CC once that had mysterious PoE ports...

--- End quote ---

this i did NOT know.  Makes sense now why the instructions to update the firmware for the IVC card references the instructions for the E-Que card...

Chris Johnson [UK]:

--- Quote from: Pete Erskine on October 26, 2015, 01:18:16 PM ---The FSII antennas are POE and the antenna splitter supplies the power.

--- End quote ---

I don't think thats correct Pete. The FSII antennae do use a cat5 connection, but are not POE (hence the much >100m cable spec). The demo antennae I had came with additional POE ports alongside the current ethercon.

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Chris Johnson [UK] on October 28, 2015, 09:00:55 AM ---I don't think thats correct Pete. The FSII antennae do use a cat5 connection, but are not POE (hence the much >100m cable spec). The demo antennae I had came with additional POE ports alongside the current ethercon.

--- End quote ---

Antennas are POE up to 1000'

Chris Johnson [UK]:

--- Quote from: Pete Erskine on October 28, 2015, 09:32:12 AM ---Antennas are POE up to 1000'

--- End quote ---

I see where the confusion is.

Yes, i know they can be powered over the cat5, but they are not ethernet. not TCP/IP, cannot be routed over a network. Unlike say, acrobat antennae

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version