ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear-Com HelixNet fetures expanded  (Read 9673 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Clear-Com HelixNet fetures expanded
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 01:18:16 PM »

Its worth saying too that an E-Que card (for FSII) is in fact the same exact hardware as an IVC-32 card, just with a different firmware, so I'd expect to see even more convergence here as the system is developed. Antennas over POE would be nice... I had some demo ones from CC once that had mysterious PoE ports...

The FSII antennas are POE and the antenna splitter supplies the power.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 01:36:40 PM »

Its worth saying too that an E-Que card (for FSII) is in fact the same exact hardware as an IVC-32 card, just with a different firmware, so I'd expect to see even more convergence here as the system is developed. Antennas over POE would be nice... I had some demo ones from CC once that had mysterious PoE ports...

this i did NOT know.  Makes sense now why the instructions to update the firmware for the IVC card references the instructions for the E-Que card...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 09:00:55 AM »

The FSII antennas are POE and the antenna splitter supplies the power.

I don't think thats correct Pete. The FSII antennae do use a cat5 connection, but are not POE (hence the much >100m cable spec). The demo antennae I had came with additional POE ports alongside the current ethercon.
Riedel Communications

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 09:32:12 AM »

I don't think thats correct Pete. The FSII antennae do use a cat5 connection, but are not POE (hence the much >100m cable spec). The demo antennae I had came with additional POE ports alongside the current ethercon.

Antennas are POE up to 1000'
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »

Antennas are POE up to 1000'

I see where the confusion is.

Yes, i know they can be powered over the cat5, but they are not ethernet. not TCP/IP, cannot be routed over a network. Unlike say, acrobat antennae
Riedel Communications

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »

Yes, i know they can be powered over the cat5, but they are not Ethernet, not TCP/IP, cannot be routed over a network. Unlike say, acrobat antennae

You are so right about the terminology.  The phrase "POE" is not appropriate for the power over cat5 which the Freespeak II antennas use.  The antenna audio connection over the cable is TCP/IP Ethernet compatible but also requires a separate sync signal (RS422/485) to make it work.  Additionally if you use routers, IP, the delay would stop the antenna from properly syncing to the other antennas.

Here is a technical description of the antenna data:
I don't have the pin out for the Cat5 interconnect.

FreeSpeakII components need audio (E1 32 channel multiplexed audio similar to T1) and DECT sync reference (sync pulse per 10ms… and a different sync pulse every 160ms).

-> The antenna transceiver will operate without the DECT sync reference using its own internal clock.  This makes it an RF island that may or may not allow seamless roaming to the rest of the system as it is not “frame synced” to the other antennas. This may also make for a desensitizing artifacts (if very close to other antennas) and inefficient use of the spectrum (as not all components start at the same time).

-> The antenna splitter will NOT operate AT ALL without the DECT sync reference.

-> The E1 can easily be converted to fiber using off the shelf media converters ($500 a pair)

-> The DECT sync shares the electrical specifications with RS422/485 and we have users successfully transporting it using such media converters.

-> Keep in mind that converting to IP is not advisable unless you want to create non-roaming “RF Islands” due to the latency it may incur and potential lack of synchronicity between the E1 and the DECT sync. Direct media conversion to fiber is strongly recommended.'
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.