ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Clear-Com HelixNet fetures expanded  (Read 9675 times)

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Clear-Com HelixNet fetures expanded
« on: October 22, 2015, 01:11:02 AM »

Version 3 has been released.  Main new features are:

1.  Maximum of 6 base stations networked
2.  Maximum of 12 or 24 (with separate purchase) comm channels available no mater how many bases you use.  Even with 1 base you can have 12 (or 24)
3.  Browser based online programming available for all features.  Setup can be saved for use on other systems.

I was able to preview the Beta.  Every feature can be remotely controlled from the Browser.  Computer is connected to the Ethernet module and by entering the IP of the station, access is available to edit the system.  Most of the key elements can be programmed for an entire 6 base system just connecting to 1 base.

Base names and all the settings
Roles
Party line names
Program names

Beltpacks can be programmed when they are attached to the base

As soon as the final version is released I'll post pictures of the programming screens.

See the press release attached
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Clear-Com HelixNet fetures expanded
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 10:08:11 AM »

Version 3 has been released.  Main new features are:

1.  Maximum of 6 base stations networked
2.  Maximum of 12 or 24 (with separate purchase) comm channels available no mater how many bases you use.  Even with 1 base you can have 12 (or 24)
3.  Browser based online programming available for all features.  Setup can be saved for use on other systems.

This looks very cool. I wonder how they are addressing the need for power in remote locations, and the device limit (power) on a single master.

Mac

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:42:13 AM »

This looks very cool. I wonder how they are addressing the need for power in remote locations, and the device limit (power) on a single master.

Mac

Still limited to 20 beltpacks per master.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 11:10:40 AM »

Still limited to 20 beltpacks per master.

Hopefully they will release a remote power supply that does not have the UI of the current master, at a lower price. Having a PS at FOH and also backstage (or anywhere) connected by the network would be useful.

Mac

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 12:48:48 PM »

I was just talking with some guys at my last show about this update.  Pretty major upgrade to the Helix functionality.

The company i work with regularly uses the Eclipse Matrix system and leverages the IP capabilities of the IVC-32 card.  I noticed that the ClearCom press release says the Helix is using the 'I V Core' technology.  I'm assuming that this is the same underlying technology in the IVC-32 card.

It appears that the Helix system and the Eclipse system are converging in capabilities.  How do you see these two systems interacting in the future?  And is there a seamless way to connect these two systems together now via IP that you know of?  I'm encountering Helix and FreeSpeak more and more on job sites and the ability to easily tie in my IP panels and/or agentIC panels to the onsite Helix systems using some kind of IP solution would be great.  Currently i'm using analog 4-wire and/or 2-wire connections, which work, but it's not ideal.

Thanks.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 01:16:25 PM »

It appears that the Helix system and the Eclipse system are converging in capabilities.  How do you see these two systems interacting in the future?  And is there a seamless way to connect these two systems together now via IP that you know of?  I'm encountering Helix and FreeSpeak more and more on job sites and the ability to easily tie in my IP panels and/or agentIC panels to the onsite Helix systems using some kind of IP solution would be great.  Currently i'm using analog 4-wire and/or 2-wire connections, which work, but it's not ideal.

Thanks.

It is already begun integration.  The IP card also transports control signals from Eclipse as well as the audio.  Not sure what this does but in the HelixNet system, every beltpack is IP addressable so eventually each BP can be a 5 button panel like Freespeak II.

Freespeak II is totally integrated.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

brian maddox

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »

It is already begun integration.  The IP card also transports control signals from Eclipse as well as the audio.  Not sure what this does but in the HelixNet system, every beltpack is IP addressable so eventually each BP can be a 5 button panel like Freespeak II.

Which is kinda what i'm looking for.  If i can attach via IP to a Helix frame and gain access to each belt pack as if it were a port on my Eclipse rack i'm pretty much golden.  Or perhaps more ideally for my purposes would be for each Channel on the HelixNet to be accessible as it's own port so that i could tie into local party lines with my own.  It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I knew that the FreeSpeak was already integrated, although as i understand it, it does require that the matrix frame be located at the same location as the FreeSpeak base station.  Right now my Eclipse frame is located in a fixed location and i'm using V-series panels and IOS clients to access it via multiple remote show locations over IP.  I have given some thought to creating a travel rack that would have an Eclipse rack with an Analog card [for local matrix panels] and maybe a FreeSpeak card that i could interface with a FreeSpeak station.  Not cheap, but might be worth doing.

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »

Which is kinda what i'm looking for.  If i can attach via IP to a Helix frame and gain access to each belt pack as if it were a port on my Eclipse rack i'm pretty much golden.  Or perhaps more ideally for my purposes would be for each Channel on the HelixNet to be accessible as it's own port so that i could tie into local party lines with my own.  It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I knew that the FreeSpeak was already integrated, although as i understand it, it does require that the matrix frame be located at the same location as the FreeSpeak base station.  Right now my Eclipse frame is located in a fixed location and i'm using V-series panels and IOS clients to access it via multiple remote show locations over IP.  I have given some thought to creating a travel rack that would have an Eclipse rack with an Analog card [for local matrix panels] and maybe a FreeSpeak card that i could interface with a FreeSpeak station.  Not cheap, but might be worth doing.

The freespeak eclipse cards replace the base station.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

brian maddox

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »

Now that you say that, I remember reading that.  Thanks for the reminder.

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »

Its worth saying too that an E-Que card (for FSII) is in fact the same exact hardware as an IVC-32 card, just with a different firmware, so I'd expect to see even more convergence here as the system is developed. Antennas over POE would be nice... I had some demo ones from CC once that had mysterious PoE ports...
Riedel Communications

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 10:20:37 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.