ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: S32 vs DL32  (Read 6850 times)

Adam Dumbacher

• Bluewood Productions
S32 vs DL32
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »

I am looking to get a digital snake for my X32.  I am considering the Behringer S32 and the Midas DL32.  Has anyone compared these to know if there is a quality difference besides the name for the extra $500?

Thanks,
Adam

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: S32 vs DL32
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »

I am looking to get a digital snake for my X32.  I am considering the Behringer S32 and the Midas DL32.  Has anyone compared these to know if there is a quality difference besides the name for the extra $500?

Thanks,
Adam

There are actual circuit differences between them that results in 10dB or so less noise in the Midas version.  What other sonic attributes exist may be in the ear of the beholder.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »

There are actual circuit differences between them that results in 10dB or so less noise in the Midas version.  What other sonic attributes exist may be in the ear of the beholder.

Tim,
Just curious, did you test the noise floor yourself or see it in a spec somewhere?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 03:04:17 PM »

Tim,
Just curious, did you test the noise floor yourself or see it in a spec somewhere?

It's from the German publication Production Partner, IIRC.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 03:04:17 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.