ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SRX828p - at my wit's end!  (Read 29677 times)

Jay Marr

Re: SRX828p - at my wit's end!
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »

Bob, i am not aware of anyone using those tnuts.
By looking at it i can assume that the process of installing them is much longer then simply hammering the tnut.

I used the same ones that Bob mentioned, on my 728's.
They are simple to install, and IMO perfect for the job.

I removed my handle, drilled the holes, put the t-nut in, put the caster in position and dropped the bolt through....painless.
FYI, the wheels have been on for somewhere around 7 years....not a single issue with one coming loose or anything.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »

I used the same ones that Bob mentioned, on my 728's.
They are simple to install, and IMO perfect for the job.

I removed my handle, drilled the holes, put the t-nut in, put the caster in position and dropped the bolt through....painless.
FYI, the wheels have been on for somewhere around 7 years....not a single issue with one coming loose or anything.

To be fair, they are not going to come loose with a bolt holding them in (at least I hope not )…..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2015, 09:07:04 PM »

I have bolts in my neck and head. Be CAREFUL when you pull the driver, and you should point JBL Sam to this link.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2015, 09:11:38 PM »

I have bolts in my neck and head. Be CAREFUL when you pull the driver, and you should point JBL Sam to this link.

I'm wondering how Im going to actually pull it out as I can't get behind it to  push from behind…

Sam had asked if it would be easier pulling the amp and going in through there but again there is nothing to hold on to.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

duane massey

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:53 PM »

I quit using standard T-nuts in my cabinets several years ago. I've had really good luck with "hurricane" nuts, but you have to drill a clean hole. If you do it properly you can hammer them in or pull them through. I know some people don't like these, and I do like the ones that were posted earlier. I do use baltic birch, which definitely grips these things better than other types of wood.

+1 on square-drive, but I have had difficulties finding some of the screws that I prefer to use with square-drive heads.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2015, 09:44:17 PM »

I'm wondering how Im going to actually pull it out as I can't get behind it to  push from behind…

Sam had asked if it would be easier pulling the amp and going in through there but again there is nothing to hold on to.
I would hand press it into the hole to get the barbs started, then gently thread a capscrew or bolt with a large washer from the outside until it's snug.  Then slowly pull the t-nut into the wood with the bolt until it's made an impression with the entire flange.  That's how I put all my t-nuts in.  I might be able to give them a whack with a hammer to get them started but pulling with a bolt keeps things straight and ensures that it's fully seated.

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2015, 10:25:46 PM »

You're referring to the speaker?  Try gently slipping a putty knife under the gasket.  They should still be pliable, since the cab is new.  Once you get one edge up, shim it and pry the other side with the putty knife.  Eventually, you should have enough frame edge to grab onto.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2015, 10:49:41 PM »

I would hand press it into the hole to get the barbs started, then gently thread a capscrew or bolt with a large washer from the outside until it's snug.  Then slowly pull the t-nut into the wood with the bolt until it's made an impression with the entire flange.  That's how I put all my t-nuts in.  I might be able to give them a whack with a hammer to get them started but pulling with a bolt keeps things straight and ensures that it's fully seated.

Yes- no banging in the T Nut that close to the amp and circuitry so Ill need to be gentle and firm...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2015, 10:50:49 PM »

You're referring to the speaker?  Try gently slipping a putty knife under the gasket.  They should still be pliable, since the cab is new.  Once you get one edge up, shim it and pry the other side with the putty knife.  Eventually, you should have enough frame edge to grab onto.

Dave

Good suggestion Dave…. I gots me plenty of shims so I should be able to work my way around raising the flange as I go.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2015, 12:22:41 AM »

Yes, but we call braces suspenders. So over here it would be "belt and suspenders". BTW what you call suspenders are called garters here.

Garters hold your socks up.  I have never seen those in actual use.  When I am doing manual labor nothing beats a loose fitting pair of carpenters jeans and Carhart Braces.  I have heard the term "belts and braces" used by more than just UK friends.  I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone under 40 familiar. 

Goes with "carter has bills (who is this Carter guy??? It was Carter's liver pills!) and In like Flynn !"

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2015, 12:22:41 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.