ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SRX828p - at my wit's end!  (Read 29687 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
SRX828p - at my wit's end!
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:56:31 AM »

So we picked up the 3RD SRX828p at the weekend. Checked it out real quick and it works.
Went to put the wheels on today and one of the T nuts on the inside of the cabinet has fallen inside. I am seething right now.
I bought this speaker 8/15 and I STILL have not been able to use it.

I just don't know what to do and I am regretting my move to this series from my beloved 700 series...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Brandon Scopel

Re: SRX828p - at my wit's end!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:00:01 AM »

Oh no, I lucked out with mine from Sweetwater then. First official gig is Friday!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Dave Pluke

• Northwest GA, USA
    • BIGG GRIN Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 10:01:14 AM »

So we picked up the 3RD SRX828p at the weekend. Checked it out real quick and it works.
Went to put the wheels on today and one of the T nuts on the inside of the cabinet has fallen inside. I am seething right now.

I suggest you load up on lottery tickets, Debbie - cuz your luck has GOT to change pretty soon!

Unbelievable string of disappointments.  It would seem JBL needs to do more QC at their current production facilities.

Dave
...an analog man in a digital world [tm]

Flying direct to nearly everywhere out of ATL

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 10:08:38 AM »

Oh no, I lucked out with mine from Sweetwater then. First official gig is Friday!

Thanks for the gloat Brandon- I really need that about now !!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 10:16:50 AM »

Deb, any chance you can "pop off" the amp cover and fish around for it?   I been in similar situation.. had an old community sub (CPL55?) that was designed for installation, had ports and I was converting to speakon connectors on back.
Lost a mounting screw, dropping down into the internal batting.. no way to get to it other than disassemble the rest of the electronics and manipulate the box to get to it.. in my case that was a total failure and I ended borrowing one of those magnetic-tipped extendable retriever thingy's!!

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 10:17:01 AM »

Would not expect than on JBL.  Anyway, if otherwise the speaker is fine I would just open it up,  fish it out with a magnetic probe and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »

I don't want to void the warranty -  I've sent a message to JBL.

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 10:44:01 AM »

I didn't mean it like that😞. I did see some manufacturer issues like the saw dust and some globs of of finish in some places. It may be the freight shipping, but that was more expensive.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 11:30:15 AM »

With simply removing the front grille, I managed to fish out the nut so its not floating around in there but it's impossible to put back into place without removing one of the woofers so I'm just going to go with 3 screws holding that one wheel on.
If Everett at JBL tells me I can remove the woofer without voiding my warranty, I will, but till then - I'll stick with what I have ……sorry for freaking out earlier but this is just ridiculous !!

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »

With simply removing the front grille, I managed to fish out the nut so its not floating around in there but it's impossible to put back into place without removing one of the woofers so I'm just going to go with 3 screws holding that one wheel on.
If Everett at JBL tells me I can remove the woofer without voiding my warranty, I will, but till then - I'll stick with what I have ……sorry for freaking out earlier but this is just ridiculous !!
Every single new speaker I purchase gets the grill yanked, and every screw/bolt torqued (and the warrantee remains intact). I can't imagine removing/reinstalling a woofer would void the warrantee. Pulling the amp module might be a different story, though. Running with "the missing screw formation" could damage your cabinet. My recommendation is to fix the mount before installing the casters.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.