ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caster Dish cups  (Read 1847 times)

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
Caster Dish cups
« on: October 15, 2015, 08:09:14 PM »

Anyone using road cases with dish cups?  I'm looking at the smaller rolling cases (through EWI) with dish cups to store power cables, XLR's, and other cables.  Is there a ratio (or some other math) to determine how much weight a rolling case can support via its dish cups? 

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Caster Dish cups
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:42:15 PM »

Anyone using road cases with dish cups?  I'm looking at the smaller rolling cases (through EWI) with dish cups to store power cables, XLR's, and other cables.  Is there a ratio (or some other math) to determine how much weight a rolling case can support via its dish cups?
More than you are willing to lift. I have 12 or so EWI cases with dish cups and they are every bit as strong as the rest of the case. You will overload the rating of the casters on the bottom trunk before the dish cups are a problem.

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 09:43:06 PM »

More than you are willing to lift. I have 12 or so EWI cases with dish cups and they are every bit as strong as the rest of the case. You will overload the rating of the casters on the bottom trunk before the dish cups are a problem.

Excellent.
Thanks Tom.

boburtz

• SR Forums
  • San Francisco Bay Area
    • SoundWizard Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »

We've got EWI cases (22.5 x 30) filled with rubber and copper and stacked and the only problem we've experienced is having to physically lift those heavy boxes. I'm sure the casters would be the weak link in that chain.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.