ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another TT-30 receptacle miswired with 240 volts  (Read 2141 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Another TT-30 receptacle miswired with 240 volts
« on: October 11, 2015, 11:54:38 AM »

While we're on the topic of miswired outlets, here's another case I often get emails about on No~Shock~Zone. Of course, I tell them to start testing things one at a time, but many times this type of over-voltage fail will cause everything with a circuit board to be fried. See here for the link and below for the text: http://www.noshockzone.org/accidentally-plugging-into-240-volt-outlet/

So before you plug-in, Measure, then measure again. If anything looks the least bit funny, figure it out BEFORE you plug in your expensive sound gear.

Mike

============================
I just purchased a used 2003 Keystone RV 5th wheel from an individual. The TV and stereo was taken out. The microwave didn’t work. New frig. All 110 volts electrical, converter, battery, slid outs worked, using an extension cord plugged into an 20amp outlet in my garage, to my 30 amp / 120 volt TT cord. I purchased a RV Power Outlet 120 volt 30 amp [ provides an electrical receptacle in a single enclosure ] and a 30 amp breaker for my breaker box in my garage. I wired both black & white wires to the breaker & ground to the ground bar. [ Not thinking that gave 220 volts ] Bad mistake $$$$$$$. My ac still works, all battery devices [ lights, slide outs, power jacks ] works. My frig light works, but says no electrically. My GFI outlets work, but all 110 lights don’t, maybe more. Need all advice .

ProSoundWeb Community

Another TT-30 receptacle miswired with 240 volts
« on: October 11, 2015, 11:54:38 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.