ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subwoofer Poles  (Read 2820 times)

Jon Ross

• Virginia
    • RoTech Sound
Subwoofer Poles
« on: October 09, 2015, 05:35:00 AM »

My small system consist of an EAW KF300 top over an EAW FR250z sub. It's a great little system but I'm in need of a solution to raise the top over the sub that doesn't wobble. The KF300 weighs in at right about 100 pounds. Currently I'm using some Gator subwoofer poles and they are plenty robust but have too much play when placed in the FR250's pole mount. The FR250 is designed so a 1 3/8 pole will slide through the pole mount and rest on the bottom of the cabinet and provide a stable base. The problem is I haven't been able to find a subwoofer pole with a fixed height of more than 42" or an adjustable one that will slide all the way through the pole mount.
I found some Penn Elcom top hats that have threads at the bottom of the cup to use either a normal or threaded subwoofer pole like jbl and qsc. This route seems like it will have less wobble than what I'm using now but might not be as stable as intended in the original sub design. Suggestions??

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: Subwoofer Poles
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 06:30:57 AM »

This isn't exactly what you're looking for but it might fix your wobble problem. Look at the K&M Stands 21366

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/728360-REG/K_M_21366_000_55_21366_Adjustable_Subwoofer_to.html

I have not been able to find the weight limit spec on this anywhere.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »

The problem is I haven't been able to find a subwoofer pole with a fixed height of more than 42" or an adjustable one that will slide all the way through the pole mount.

Did you try turning the adjustable one upside down?
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Simon Hutson

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:08:02 AM »

This isn't exactly what you're looking for but it might fix your wobble problem. Look at the K&M Stands 21366

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/728360-REG/K_M_21366_000_55_21366_Adjustable_Subwoofer_to.html

This is a similar concept, but specifically designed to fit on existing poles, as well as adding some "tilt" for better vertical control

http://www.dv247.com/pa-systems-and-live-sound/konig-and-meyer-19674--209863

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »

FWIW, using the K&M lock ring mandrel, I can securely vertically lift an inverted prx612 using the pole as the handle. Mine have the M20 threaded end, and makes for a very stable setup.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Steve Garris

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 02:04:05 PM »

This is a similar concept, but specifically designed to fit on existing poles, as well as adding some "tilt" for better vertical control

http://www.dv247.com/pa-systems-and-live-sound/konig-and-meyer-19674--209863

I recently converted to these and I'm extremely happy with how well they work. I purposely found some short poles (M20 thread type) as these add about 6" in height. I did a lot of outdoor shows this summer, and often the subs were not sitting level. The tilters fixed that easily allowing me to adjust just slightly so that the speaker looks level. The part that expands into the hole works perfectly as well - no more "tilted" speakers unless I want them to be.

Paul Kerber

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 08:14:49 AM »

Don't know what the limit is on K&M 21366 - I've been using them to support QRX 115 (70+Lbs) over subs and they work great. Very stable, zero wobble.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 08:14:49 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.