Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Travel Router wi-fi range?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Stan Shields on October 09, 2015, 10:04:42 AM ---Right, it sounds trivial but I'm always looking for smaller, lighter, simpler. The Netgear I use now has a wall wart with a cheesy cable, flimsy antennas, etc. The travel routers look appealing because they plug in without a wall wart and are small and solid, take up less space. Just not sure if they would work as well as a "real" router. For what they cost I guess I could take one for a spin and report back...
Stan

--- End quote ---

The Airport Express doesn't have a wall wart and is tiny.... AND very reliable.

Ed Hall:
+1 on the Airport Express.
I have 4 total and they are rock solid, small and no wall wart. They are even simple to extend range wirelessly if needed.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on October 09, 2015, 12:56:37 PM ---The Airport Express doesn't have a wall wart and is tiny.... AND very reliable.

--- End quote ---

Oh ..... And no external antennas...

Don Boomer:

--- Quote from: Debbie Dunkley on October 09, 2015, 01:56:38 PM ---
Oh ..... And no external antennas...

--- End quote ---

Is that a benefit? 😉

Stan Shields:

--- Quote from: Don Boomer on October 09, 2015, 02:35:37 PM ---Is that a benefit? 😉

--- End quote ---

It is for me, easier to pack, less things to break.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version