Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Travel Router wi-fi range?

<< < (3/9) > >>

Tim McCulloch:

--- Quote from: Stan Shields on October 09, 2015, 02:50:06 PM ---It is for me, easier to pack, less things to break.

--- End quote ---

It sounds more like a personnel handling issue.

David Buckley:
I have a travel router, a TP Link MR2030, and although it is small and handy, it has significantly less range than any other of my wireless kit.  I wouldn't even consider using it in a venue to get back to the console from the iPad.

Stan Shields:

--- Quote from: David Buckley on October 09, 2015, 04:14:21 PM ---I have a travel router, a TP Link MR2030, and although it is small and handy, it has significantly less range than any other of my wireless kit.  I wouldn't even consider using it in a venue to get back to the console from the iPad.

--- End quote ---

Thanks David-that's what I was looking for.

Debbie Dunkley:

--- Quote from: Don Boomer on October 09, 2015, 02:35:37 PM ---Is that a benefit? 😉

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily but the OP mentioned flimsy antennas being one of his dislikes and I hadn't addressed that one thing in my response…..

Jordan Wolf:
Stan, check out the offerings from Ubiquiti. They're pretty slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version