ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D.A.S audio Line arrays? anyone used them  (Read 3549 times)

Kyle Gerhart

D.A.S audio Line arrays? anyone used them
« on: October 03, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »

A company that I am currently touring with is looking into purchasing a new line array. My boss has some connections with DAS audio from Spain. On paper the speakers seem to be legit, but I have never used them and haven't had a chance to listen to them. I'm personally pushing to pick up a used Milo system, as I am a big fan of the meyer boxes.

The events that we do are between 500-3000 people. Mostly outdoor shows. One of the requirements for the system that I will need is the ability to ground stack the speakers for stadium up-fills, which these boxes can do. We are also leaning toward powered boxes, which again these are.

Has anyone used the Areo 40a's. They are a 3-way, 2000w box.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about the throw of the box and the clarity of the system.

Thanks

Paul Guthrie

• DiTech AV
Re: D.A.S audio Line arrays? anyone used them
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »

Great boxes, great company!   I'm an owner and a dealer.  The aero 40's are nice boxes.  They sound great and are very rugged.  In Dallas there are 8 hanging outside in the elements at Gas Monkey, They have been out there in rain, sleet and snow and heat with zero issues.   If you have any questions send me a PM
Rental Stocklist:
DAS Audio
DiColor 3.91 LED Video Wall
Yamaha
PR Lighting
Mega Lighting
Sennheiser

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »

I have a partner company that has the smaller Aero12a. If you get the line long enough they sound pretty good. At 8-10 boxes a side it sounds real nice for 3000 folks or so. 

Rick Earl

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 10:03:14 PM »

I specified and purchased 16 Aero12As for the university I work at, after listening to many different systems in my venue, these were the right combination of great sound and price.  Sound alone, they were in the top 3.   The other advantage is one of my primary vendors also has a system so I can expand when needed. I have been very happy with them, the deploy well and I've had very few problems with them. One blown HF driver and one failed amp module in 5 years. Not bad for a teaching system.

Recently my vendor took a demo system of the Aero 40A, it was used at a major folk festival, I was very impressed with it for the time I got to play with it, but unfortunately did not get to mix on it.   I like the DAS net control of the drivers, it's an pretty impressive system.

I think DAS is a solid company, probably more tuned in to the Latin market,  so depending on how rider driven your company is I think they have a nice selection of solutions for many companies.

Malek Pallie

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 11:52:33 PM »

A company that I am currently touring with is looking into purchasing a new line array. My boss has some connections with DAS audio from Spain. On paper the speakers seem to be legit, but I have never used them and haven't had a chance to listen to them. I'm personally pushing to pick up a used Milo system, as I am a big fan of the meyer boxes.

The events that we do are between 500-3000 people. Mostly outdoor shows. One of the requirements for the system that I will need is the ability to ground stack the speakers for stadium up-fills, which these boxes can do. We are also leaning toward powered boxes, which again these are.

Has anyone used the Areo 40a's. They are a 3-way, 2000w box.

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about the throw of the box and the clarity of the system.

Thanks

I have not used the Aero 40s, but I have mixed on Aero 50 systems for music (anywhere from 800-4000 ppl) and Aero 28 for corporate stuff (300-1000 ppl). Both systems performed pretty well. The Aero 50 seemed to take a tune better (in my opinion) than the 28 and stayed consistent even when they got loud. The 28s were fine for talking heads, but loud playback starts to sound a bit shrill when the amps are pushed.

Given an appropriate number of boxen for the material and venue and a decent system processor, a DAS system can sound pretty good.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 11:52:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.