ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Mic Custom Foam- Rack Draw Style  (Read 4723 times)

Brandon Scopel

Wireless Mic Custom Foam- Rack Draw Style
« on: September 30, 2015, 10:25:28 AM »

Hey all,

I have just purchased three of the ULXP handheld/body pack combos. They all came with rack mount hardware so they will be racked with a antenna combiner soon. I have seen people with rack drawers that have custom cutouts for 4 handhelds and 4 body packs. Where can I find these? I see Audiopile has the pick&pluck stuff, but that gets sloppy after awhile. I don't have any rack drawers that are not in use, so if it comes as a package that's fine.

Thoughts?

DavidTurner

Re: Wireless Mic Custom Foam- Rack Draw Style
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 01:46:16 PM »

Any case company can do this for you. My favorite is my old friend Jed at JXL custom cases: 615-390-0342

Hey all,

I have just purchased three of the ULXP handheld/body pack combos. They all came with rack mount hardware so they will be racked with a antenna combiner soon. I have seen people with rack drawers that have custom cutouts for 4 handhelds and 4 body packs. Where can I find these? I see Audiopile has the pick&pluck stuff, but that gets sloppy after awhile. I don't have any rack drawers that are not in use, so if it comes as a package that's fine.

Thoughts?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »

Any case company can do this for you. My favorite is my old friend Jed at JXL custom cases: 615-390-0342

I forgot who did our drawer for us.  I do remember if they don't have a mic template that you have to trace it for them.  I believe it is cut with a water jet.

I am going to call Jed too because I forgot who did ours.  I think they were in Youngstown.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 03:40:24 PM »

Just buy one of these:

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/217102-2322/grw-drwwrlss

I have a couple, and while they're a little heavy, they're absolutely great. I had to trim the foam on the beltpack side of the drawer, since the ULX packs are a little tight in there, and I pulled out the AA battery foam on the other side to make room for 9V batteries. The drawers make it look like I'm super organized.

FWIW, I'll be pulling a UA844 antenna distro out of one of my racks soon, if you want to make a deal.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Tom Burgess

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »

Just buy one of these:

I have a couple, and while they're a little heavy, they're absolutely great. I had to trim the foam on the beltpack side of the drawer, since the ULX packs are a little tight in there, and I pulled out the AA battery foam on the other side to make room for 9V batteries. The drawers make it look like I'm super organized.

FWIW, I'll be pulling a UA844 antenna distro out of one of my racks soon, if you want to make a deal.
I've used this one before with good results as well.  It was for an AKG rig so I didn't have to customize for batteries.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 08:56:31 PM »

I've used this one before with good results as well.  It was for an AKG rig so I didn't have to customize for batteries.

I too like this drawer, but dang it's heavy!

Brandon Scopel

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 07:21:01 AM »

Just buy one of these:

I do like the looks of that, it also is not just for a single type of wireless.

I'm definitely interested in the 844.

Pete Bansen

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 12:27:24 AM »

I have seen people with rack drawers that have custom cutouts for 4 handhelds and 4 body packs.

I have been very pleased with custom foam work by My Case Builder
http://www.mycasebuilder.com/

I bought cases with custom foam from them for several pair of recording mics and they do a great job for a reasonable price.  If you buy a drawer from one of the may vendors who sell them, you could have the inserts made by these folks and have a great package.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 12:27:24 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.