ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft? NOOOOOO!!!!!!  (Read 24953 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Soundcraft? NOOOOOO!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2015, 12:36:26 PM »

Is that dual Schoeps CMC6/MK4 (?) and a single popfilter?

A "pope" filter?

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2015, 10:15:15 PM »

Outstanding. Thanks Brian.

How were the delays set up. Cable or wireless? Speakers, etc.

All delays were located at video screens.  All the audio was embedded via fiber with the video feed to those screens.  We Simply de embedded the audio and fed our amp rack, using a small Mackie mixer as a simple local level control. The delay was done in the iTechs. After the second delay tower there was no delay added as there was little overlap between the zones and the video was not delayed so the audio was just timed to the screens.

The embedded audio was fed from the TV truck (which got my mix and added ambient mics and playback) into a satellite distribution truck that also fed the press pool feed and some other things.  This led to some show day tension when the press pool feed, which contained ambient mics, was fed to the delay screens.  Since some of those screens were less than 100 feet away from the ambient mics, lovely feedback resulted.  Took them a while to sort that.  Eventually they got the truck mix sans ambient mics to the screens and I could stop explaining that the feedback really wasn't me. Really!

If i had it to do over, I would have fed the screens behind my mix position directly so that I could control the levels and mix there since they affected my mains mix.  For instance, I knew that THF was somewhat soft spoken, so I intentionally ran the Archbishops intro a little quieter so as to shift the audience's listening volume threshold and make it a little easier to get an acceptable level once THF was speaking without risking feedback.  Of course the truck Responded to my reduced level by Simply cranking up the level to the delays, pretty much negating my efforts...  Grrrr....

The PA for the delays was all six deep VERTEC 4887 (42 total).  They did their job well, although I'm thankful I didn't have to listen to them.  I really don't like 4887s. 😀😀😀😀. I really DO like the VTX20 though. Very nice, smooth system. As a lifetime JBL hater I'm pleased to hear a JBL system that can overcome decades of bias.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »

Shame on you for hating JBL
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »

Shame on you for hating JBL

He isn't the only one.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.