ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whirlwind Power Pack  (Read 10779 times)

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
Re: Whirlwind Power Pack
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 11:41:05 PM »

The price is good. Their customer service left a LOT to be desired. I don't like receiving defective product and then -- rather then the manufacturer fixing the problem (on their dime) I am expected to fix it for them.

(Yes, more details/photos/etc are available.)

Naturally, that makes me not want to purchase any product from them in the future. But that's just me. I have an expectation of receiving electrically sound product, from a manufacturer, and the attitude of "The show MUST go on, just FIX IT!" doesn't fly with me.

-Ray
I'll second Ray's experience with them. A soca breakout I received with mis wired pairs came back with a heat shrieked inline splice.

Philip

Lou Kohley

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 01:57:54 AM »

I'll second Ray's experience with them. A soca breakout I received with mis wired pairs came back with a heat shrieked inline splice.

Philip

Noted. I had a feeling the prices were too good. I'll have to go motion labs or something of equal quality.

Thanks,
LOU

John Fruits

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 05:35:52 AM »

Something I have wondered about, Lex, Motion Labs, InduElectric and Whirlwind are all ul/etl listed, but nowhere on the website does dimmer rack state that they are.  That could be important for some AHJ.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 10:34:47 AM »

OK. Last pair of MotionLabs units I got, last summer, they were just under $500 each (L21-30 I/O, 4-20A circuits). Those were about $100 more then the last time I bought them, which was about 6 years previous!

I do like the look of their distros; esp the load metering. I got a couple of DimmerRack distros this past summer, but probably won't be purchasing anymore from there, so hoping to go up a few steps on the build quality/support and so on!

-Ray

Thanks for the heads up Ray!
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 03:59:23 PM »

The price is good. Their customer service left a LOT to be desired. I don't like receiving defective product and then -- rather then the manufacturer fixing the problem (on their dime) I am expected to fix it for them.

(Yes, more details/photos/etc are available.)

Naturally, that makes me not want to purchase any product from them in the future. But that's just me. I have an expectation of receiving electrically sound product, from a manufacturer, and the attitude of "The show MUST go on, just FIX IT!" doesn't fly with me.

-Ray

I had a terse exchange with info at dimmerrack.com, and also felt customer service is an afterthought.

There was no real name on the email, with a couple of unanswered questions.

FWIW
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »

Copper keeps going up ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
s.

Don't accept THAT excuse.  I buy copper wire all of the time.  Copper scrap prices have dropped to 50% of what they were a couple years ago-and wire prices keep dropped.  12-2 NM has dropped 15% in the last 60 days.
Steve Swaffer

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 11:06:23 AM »

I got to use my power packs last night. Everything worked like a charm. Click click click. Clean power.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »

I got to use my power packs last night. Everything worked like a charm. Click click click. Clean power.

It's always nice when things work the way they should :)
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »

Exactly! The last couple things I've picked up have been total duds. So it was a bit of a relief

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.