ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whirlwind Power Pack  (Read 10830 times)

Michael Gorecki

Whirlwind Power Pack
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:35:56 PM »

So I just got a couple Whirlwind Power packs with 50amp in and out and was wondering if anybody makes a cover for the output. It seems like a great thing to accidentally jab into your shin or knee.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Gorecki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Wolf

Re: Whirlwind Power Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:16:23 AM »

Michael,

How deep is it?

You might just recess it in a road case.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »

http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-on-caps/=z5h6bw

So I just got a couple Whirlwind Power packs with 50amp in and out and was wondering if anybody makes a cover for the output. It seems like a great thing to accidentally jab into your shin or knee.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Gorecki

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »

Michael,

Slightly off topic, but how much are the Whirlwind units? I've been a Motion Labs guy for -- well, about as long as I've needed rack power, but wondering how the price compares. I like some of the labeling that Whirlwind does, i.e. what leg each breaker is on.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 05:28:29 PM »

Jason, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

Ray, I got a smoking deal on these through a company I work for. Based on what I paid I would assume retail on these is around $800~$1000 each. I'm not sure how that compares to pricing on any other brands.

They are great units. I'll be doing my first show with these on Saturday. But the craftsmanship and the turn around time are fantastic. They quoted me 4-6 weeks and showed up in less than 2 weeks.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 09:18:42 PM »

OK. Last pair of MotionLabs units I got, last summer, they were just under $500 each (L21-30 I/O, 4-20A circuits). Those were about $100 more then the last time I bought them, which was about 6 years previous!

I do like the look of their distros; esp the load metering. I got a couple of DimmerRack distros this past summer, but probably won't be purchasing anymore from there, so hoping to go up a few steps on the build quality/support and so on!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Lou Kohley

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »

OK. Last pair of MotionLabs units I got, last summer, they were just under $500 each (L21-30 I/O, 4-20A circuits). Those were about $100 more then the last time I bought them, which was about 6 years previous!

I do like the look of their distros; esp the load metering. I got a couple of DimmerRack distros this past summer, but probably won't be purchasing anymore from there, so hoping to go up a few steps on the build quality/support and so on!

-Ray

Ray,
What didn't you like about the DimmerRack distro? Im in the market for a 50amp rack distro and was leaning toward them.

LOU

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »

Ray,
What didn't you like about the DimmerRack distro? Im in the market for a 50amp rack distro and was leaning toward them.

LOU

The price is good. Their customer service left a LOT to be desired. I don't like receiving defective product and then -- rather then the manufacturer fixing the problem (on their dime) I am expected to fix it for them.

(Yes, more details/photos/etc are available.)

Naturally, that makes me not want to purchase any product from them in the future. But that's just me. I have an expectation of receiving electrically sound product, from a manufacturer, and the attitude of "The show MUST go on, just FIX IT!" doesn't fly with me.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

Michael Gorecki

Whirlwind Power Pack
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 10:56:50 PM »

Ray, that's on par with what I paid for these units. However I have 50amp I/O which I believe is nearly $100 a connector. Copper keeps going up and increased regulations. Not much in R&D but they've gotta pay for those new machines some how.

-Michael

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:55:14 AM by Michael Gorecki »

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »

Well, that is good to hear that they're on the same level as Motion Labs. I'm always copying good ideas from other companies in the area, and one just made a big investment into Whirlwind... which would be helpful for me as I'd like to become a dealer for Whirlwind in the future as well.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.