ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JPEG --> USB --> Kramer VP-729  (Read 3160 times)

James A. Griffin

JPEG --> USB --> Kramer VP-729
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »

I'm trying to upload a company's logo to Kramer VP-729 to use as background / wallpaper when nothing else is on the screen.   

The manual says it must be "JPG in EXIF" format.    I've used Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro for 15+ years and have never heard of such a format.  Checking both programs, I see no info on that format or how to convert to the format.    When I hear "EXIF" I think of metadata.

Any clues on what they mean or how to do this?   One would think that Kramer could have specified a more universal format for this.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Jeff.Clayton

Re: JPEG --> USB --> Kramer VP-729
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 07:50:33 PM »

EXIF actually is a file format — kind of a weak one. It's the image data plus a metadata header grafted on the front end.

If the image file didn't come straight from a camera or scanner, there's no telling if its EXIF info is even complete or accurate. Commonly, the metadata's all stripped out of a JPEG destined for the web.

Can you just try an image file to see what happens? If it's valid image data and the Kramer can't display it, them it's dumber than any browser you might name...

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: JPEG --> USB --> Kramer VP-729
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 07:50:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.