Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Antenna combiner recommendations for IEMs

(1/2) > >>

Nate Zifra:
My apologies for the "Lounge" level question, but this question is related to wireless IEM's.

I have three transmitters that operate in the following frequency range: 903Mhz-926.50Mhz Bandwidth: 25Mhz range

I can provide more specs if required.  The transmitters  are racked, with the stock antenna's moved to the front of the rack.  This is a mobile rig and the location of the rack to the performers will change based on the venue.  I'd like to investigate using a combiner and an external antenna to provide better reliability (get the antenna up in the air, give more distance from wireless router, etc). 

The closest I've been able to find online is the MIPro AD-808 http://avlex.com/products/ad-808-4-channel-active-antenna-combiner/.  Specs say it works into the 960Mhz range, and uses TNC connectors which matches the transmitters. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Nathan

Henry Cohen:

--- Quote from: Nate Zifra on September 21, 2015, 12:00:11 PM ---My apologies for the "Lounge" level question, but this question is related to wireless IEM's.

I have three transmitters that operate in the following frequency range: 903Mhz-926.50Mhz Bandwidth: 25Mhz range

I can provide more specs if required.  The transmitters  are racked, with the stock antenna's moved to the front of the rack.  This is a mobile rig and the location of the rack to the performers will change based on the venue.  I'd like to investigate using a combiner and an external antenna to provide better reliability (get the antenna up in the air, give more distance from wireless router, etc). 

The closest I've been able to find online is the MIPro AD-808 http://avlex.com/products/ad-808-4-channel-active-antenna-combiner/.  Specs say it works into the 960Mhz range, and uses TNC connectors which matches the transmitters.
--- End quote ---

The Mipro combiner should, according to the specs, work for your application, as will the RFVenue Combine4

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Henry Cohen on September 22, 2015, 09:41:16 PM ---The Mipro combiner should, according to the specs, work for your application, as will the RFVenue Combine4

--- End quote ---

Nate, you're new so I'll fill you in.  if Henry blesses it, consider that end of thread. 😀

Henry Cohen:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on September 23, 2015, 12:24:24 AM ---Nate, you're new so I'll fill you in.  if Henry blesses it, consider that end of thread. 😀
--- End quote ---

I'm not blessing it, I simply said based on the specs it should work. Blessings are reserved for reeeeally good barbecue.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Henry Cohen on September 23, 2015, 09:15:26 PM ---I'm not blessing it, I simply said based on the specs it should work. Blessings are reserved for reeeeally good barbecue.

--- End quote ---

Touché'. 😀

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version