ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha and Lake Controller Dante Weirdness  (Read 3477 times)

Brian Ingwell

Yamaha and Lake Controller Dante Weirdness
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:33:42 AM »

Hi All,

We have a system comprised of a Yamaha CL3, Rio 3224 racks and LG PLM10000Q's.  We recently updated to Lake Controller 6.4 from 5.8 as we had previously been using a Dolby Lake Processor on some shows and that got sold off, allowing us to upgrade to current software and firmware.  All amps were upgraded to current firmware at the time of the Lake Software update and the CL3 and Rio's have current firmware, both Yamaha and Dante.

Now, here's my problem.  With 5.8, when I would launch Lake Controller and go in to patch Dante to my amps, all of my Dante channels from the CL3 would show right up.  Now with 6.4, when I go into the Lake Controller software and try to patch CL3 Dante channels, none show up and I get a message saying "Dante Receive Disabled".  I can go into Dante Controller and all transmit and receive channels show up just fine and once I manually patch the appropriate channels in Dante Controller, then I can go back into Lake Controller and all is well.  But this is pain as Lake Controller runs wirelessly, Dante Controller has to be hard wired, etc.

I've have looked for a way to "enable" Dante receive in Lake Controller and have been unsuccessful.  What am I doing wrong here?  I assume there still should be a way to patch Dante channels between the CL3 and PLM's in Lake Controller without having the use Dante Controller every time?

The other weirdness about LC 6.4 is that in 5.8, the Dante names of my PLM amps would always default to the frame name that I had given them, i.e. '123A'.  Now the Dante names are all coming up with 'DLP XXX-XXX-XXX', basically a long string beginning with DLP and a bunch of numbers, which I assume is still referring to the Dolby Lake Processor which hasn't been part of the system for some time now.  In Dante Controller, they show up as the frame names as they should.

Anyone have any insight into this problem?  All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Pete Parenteau

Re: Yamaha and Lake Controller Dante Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 05:00:25 PM »

You need to be on a hardwire connection to perform Dante changes after 6.3.1.

Pete

Hi All,

We have a system comprised of a Yamaha CL3, Rio 3224 racks and LG PLM10000Q's.  We recently updated to Lake Controller 6.4 from 5.8 as we had previously been using a Dolby Lake Processor on some shows and that got sold off, allowing us to upgrade to current software and firmware.  All amps were upgraded to current firmware at the time of the Lake Software update and the CL3 and Rio's have current firmware, both Yamaha and Dante.

Now, here's my problem.  With 5.8, when I would launch Lake Controller and go in to patch Dante to my amps, all of my Dante channels from the CL3 would show right up.  Now with 6.4, when I go into the Lake Controller software and try to patch CL3 Dante channels, none show up and I get a message saying "Dante Receive Disabled".  I can go into Dante Controller and all transmit and receive channels show up just fine and once I manually patch the appropriate channels in Dante Controller, then I can go back into Lake Controller and all is well.  But this is pain as Lake Controller runs wirelessly, Dante Controller has to be hard wired, etc.

I've have looked for a way to "enable" Dante receive in Lake Controller and have been unsuccessful.  What am I doing wrong here?  I assume there still should be a way to patch Dante channels between the CL3 and PLM's in Lake Controller without having the use Dante Controller every time?

The other weirdness about LC 6.4 is that in 5.8, the Dante names of my PLM amps would always default to the frame name that I had given them, i.e. '123A'.  Now the Dante names are all coming up with 'DLP XXX-XXX-XXX', basically a long string beginning with DLP and a bunch of numbers, which I assume is still referring to the Dolby Lake Processor which hasn't been part of the system for some time now.  In Dante Controller, they show up as the frame names as they should.

Thanks,
Brian

John Penkala

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »

Hi All,

Thanks,
Brian

This is probably not going to be what you want the hear. Not having wireless access shouldn't be a big deal in configuring Dante. It's not like you have to tweak settings from different positions in the audience. I would get used to doing all of your Dante network configuration from a computer running Dante Controller.
Additionally, I would have Dante Controller running at all times logging system events. Just about any inexpensive laptop should be able to run Dante Controller. Good luck.

JP

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.