ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Applied Wireless PAT900/PAR900M  (Read 11284 times)

Don Gspann

Applied Wireless PAT900/PAR900M
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:11:38 AM »

Has anyone used these? Do they work? Need to go 1000' outside for an event, but 1mW???
I can't usually get that far with 50mW.
If anyone has a reliable way to do this with RF, without breaking the bank, please let me know.
Looking at those FM broadcast band TX as an option. Need this for an annual event, but have others that could benefit from a wireless link. I have several Sennheiser wireless that could be used for receivers, but the IEM TX, doesn't have enough power alone,to do it. Would need expensive helical antennas on each end. Suggestions? Renting something not out of the question,

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Applied Wireless PAT900/PAR900M
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:38:31 AM »

Has anyone used these? Do they work? Need to go 1000' outside for an event, but 1mW???
If anyone has a reliable way to do this with RF, without breaking the bank, please let me know.
Looking at those FM broadcast band TX as an option. Need this for an annual event, but have others that could benefit from a wireless link. I have several Sennheiser wireless that could be used for receivers, but the IEM TX, doesn't have enough power alone,to do it. Would need expensive helical antennas on each end. Suggestions? Renting something not out of the question,

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If it is 1 channel of transmission to 1 or many receivers you can rent a Lectrosonics IFB transmitter with as many receivers as you need. The receivers are 1/8" out so you need an adapter.  They are very reliable, and sound pretty good.

Mac

Don Gspann

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:46:06 AM »

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If it is 1 channel of transmission to 1 or many receivers you can rent a Lectrosonics IFB transmitter with as many receivers as you need. The receivers are 1/8" out so you need an adapter.  They are very reliable, and sound pretty good.

Mac

Yes, 1 source to several locations.  Thanks! Will check that out now.

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »

Mac
You can also use that IFB transmitter with R400A receivers, which have XLR output and can be powered from AC mains.

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

1mw over 1000' LINE OF SIGHT is a very optimistic spec.  Place a big crowd below the line of sight and a lot is absorbed even if it doesnt block it.  Special antennas would need to be used like parabolics or at least long throw Helicals.  The Lectro is better since it has more power.
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Dave Barker

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »

I have a couple pairs of the Applied Wireless packages and yes 1000' even outdoors is very optimistic.  200-300 pretty stable but pass that better be line of site.

Don Gspann

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 09:56:39 PM »

I have a couple pairs of the Applied Wireless packages and yes 1000' even outdoors is very optimistic.  200-300 pretty stable but pass that better be line of site.

Decided to go with the Lectrosonics IFBT4, and use my Sennheiser receivers. This way I can use remote antennas on each end. I'll put active paddles on the receivers. According to my buddy at Lectrosonics, I should be good to go. I should have time before the gig for testing.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 12:19:31 PM »

Decided to go with the Lectrosonics IFBT4, and use my Sennheiser receivers. This way I can use remote antennas on each end. I'll put active paddles on the receivers. According to my buddy at Lectrosonics, I should be good to go. I should have time before the gig for testing.

Interesting.  So these both use the same companding scheme?  That'd be super useful info for me to know as i encounter both on a regular basis...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Don Gspann

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 10:02:44 PM »

Interesting.  So these both use the same companding scheme?  That'd be super useful info for me to know as i encounter both on a regular basis...

According to Lectrosonics, MODE 3 on the IFBT4 is Sennheiser compatibility mode. Guess they don't want to say Sennheiser.  I will let you know once I get it next week and test it out. I too have several other uses for this!

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »

According to Lectrosonics, MODE 3 on the IFBT4 is Sennheiser compatibility mode.

Just note that the Lectro compatibility is with the original Hidyne compander, not the newer HDX in the Evolution and 2000 series.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.