Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Applied Wireless PAT900/PAR900M

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dave Barker:
I have a couple pairs of the Applied Wireless packages and yes 1000' even outdoors is very optimistic.  200-300 pretty stable but pass that better be line of site.

Don Gspann:

--- Quote from: Dave Barker on September 16, 2015, 03:00:52 PM ---I have a couple pairs of the Applied Wireless packages and yes 1000' even outdoors is very optimistic.  200-300 pretty stable but pass that better be line of site.

--- End quote ---

Decided to go with the Lectrosonics IFBT4, and use my Sennheiser receivers. This way I can use remote antennas on each end. I'll put active paddles on the receivers. According to my buddy at Lectrosonics, I should be good to go. I should have time before the gig for testing.

brian maddox:

--- Quote from: Don Gspann on September 16, 2015, 09:56:39 PM ---Decided to go with the Lectrosonics IFBT4, and use my Sennheiser receivers. This way I can use remote antennas on each end. I'll put active paddles on the receivers. According to my buddy at Lectrosonics, I should be good to go. I should have time before the gig for testing.

--- End quote ---

Interesting.  So these both use the same companding scheme?  That'd be super useful info for me to know as i encounter both on a regular basis...

Don Gspann:

--- Quote from: brian maddox on September 17, 2015, 12:19:31 PM ---Interesting.  So these both use the same companding scheme?  That'd be super useful info for me to know as i encounter both on a regular basis...

--- End quote ---

According to Lectrosonics, MODE 3 on the IFBT4 is Sennheiser compatibility mode. Guess they don't want to say Sennheiser.  I will let you know once I get it next week and test it out. I too have several other uses for this!

Henry Cohen:

--- Quote from: Don Gspann on September 17, 2015, 10:02:44 PM ---According to Lectrosonics, MODE 3 on the IFBT4 is Sennheiser compatibility mode.
--- End quote ---

Just note that the Lectro compatibility is with the original Hidyne compander, not the newer HDX in the Evolution and 2000 series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version