Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Applied Wireless PAT900/PAR900M

(1/4) > >>

Don Gspann:
Has anyone used these? Do they work? Need to go 1000' outside for an event, but 1mW???
I can't usually get that far with 50mW.
If anyone has a reliable way to do this with RF, without breaking the bank, please let me know.
Looking at those FM broadcast band TX as an option. Need this for an annual event, but have others that could benefit from a wireless link. I have several Sennheiser wireless that could be used for receivers, but the IEM TX, doesn't have enough power alone,to do it. Would need expensive helical antennas on each end. Suggestions? Renting something not out of the question,

Mac Kerr:

--- Quote from: Don Gspann on September 16, 2015, 08:11:38 am ---Has anyone used these? Do they work? Need to go 1000' outside for an event, but 1mW???
If anyone has a reliable way to do this with RF, without breaking the bank, please let me know.
Looking at those FM broadcast band TX as an option. Need this for an annual event, but have others that could benefit from a wireless link. I have several Sennheiser wireless that could be used for receivers, but the IEM TX, doesn't have enough power alone,to do it. Would need expensive helical antennas on each end. Suggestions? Renting something not out of the question,

--- End quote ---

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If it is 1 channel of transmission to 1 or many receivers you can rent a Lectrosonics IFB transmitter with as many receivers as you need. The receivers are 1/8" out so you need an adapter.  They are very reliable, and sound pretty good.

Mac

Don Gspann:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on September 16, 2015, 08:38:31 am ---What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If it is 1 channel of transmission to 1 or many receivers you can rent a Lectrosonics IFB transmitter with as many receivers as you need. The receivers are 1/8" out so you need an adapter.  They are very reliable, and sound pretty good.

Mac

--- End quote ---

Yes, 1 source to several locations.  Thanks! Will check that out now.

Jason Glass:

--- Quote from: Mac Kerr on September 16, 2015, 08:38:31 am ---What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If it is 1 channel of transmission to 1 or many receivers you can rent a Lectrosonics IFB transmitter with as many receivers as you need. The receivers are 1/8" out so you need an adapter.  They are very reliable, and sound pretty good.

Mac

--- End quote ---
You can also use that IFB transmitter with R400A receivers, which have XLR output and can be powered from AC mains.

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Don Gspann on September 16, 2015, 08:11:38 am ---Has anyone used these? Do they work? Need to go 1000' outside for an event, but 1mW???

--- End quote ---

1mw over 1000' LINE OF SIGHT is a very optimistic spec.  Place a big crowd below the line of sight and a lot is absorbed even if it doesnt block it.  Special antennas would need to be used like parabolics or at least long throw Helicals.  The Lectro is better since it has more power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version