ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Si users - Need help  (Read 2923 times)

Gary Weller

Soundcraft Si users - Need help
« on: September 15, 2015, 11:28:41 AM »

I mix occasionally for a band with a Si 2 desk. I need to set up two cues, One for when the keyboard player comes up to the lead vocal position and the lead singer goes to the keys mic, and vice versa. This is only for the monitor mixes only (they're on IEMs). I don't want any other changes made but those two monitor mixes.  What do I have to set as Isolate to do this?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:37:37 AM by Gary Weller »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Soundcraft Si users - Need help
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »

Refer to chapter 9 of the manual. Take a snapshot of the board and save it for the lead vocals. Copy/save that snapshot in the cue list for the keyboard player. Adjust the settings in the keyboard players settings that need to be changed and save the snapshot for the keyboard player. Load the snapshot from the cue list during the performance as needed. There will be no interruption to the sound and you'll immediately have the settings and levels you need.

You should also save all of your initial settings to a USB and as a cue that can be loaded if you need to start over.

Chapter 9.2 of the manual tells you how to get this done, and it's very easy to do.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 11:46:16 AM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Gary Weller

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »

But I need to isolate the changes to just the two monitor mixes only, so when I switch, only those two channels on those two mixes are changed.

I may tweak the FOH mix some and don't want to have an abrupt change in FOH when I change cues. From what I've read, I need to set "Isolates" to stop any other changes being made.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:16:25 PM »

If each scene in the cue list has the same FOH settings, then nothing changes.  The isolate allows FOH changes you've made on the fly to remain when changing scenes.

Gary Weller

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »

If each scene in the cue list has the same FOH settings, then nothing changes.  The isolate allows FOH changes you've made on the fly to remain when changing scenes.

Exactly, I understand this, I have an X32 for my own personal desk. What I'm asking is what do I need to set as Isolate to accomplish only the changes to the monitor mixes, freeing me to tweak FOH as needed during the show.

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »

Yes, anything you want to tweak in the FOH mix and have it stay that way though the cue list needs to be set to isolate.  That's what it's there for.  Anything not set to isolate will change with the cue list and go back to where it was when the scene was saved.

Gary Weller

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 12:39:07 PM »

So, do I set Isolate on the Edit Show to everything but the Mix Routing/Level on the two mixes?

Edit: After a call to Soundcraft, I need to Isolate everything but those two mix buses to get what i want. I tested it on the offline editor and it seems to work as I want.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:40:35 PM by Gary Weller »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 06:11:16 PM »

You isolate only what you don't want to change when selecting the cue. Again, RTFM.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Gary Weller

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »

You isolate only what you don't want to change when selecting the cue. Again, RTFM.

I read TFM and it's nearly as useless as their iPad app and offline editor is. ;)

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 10:52:43 AM »

Gary -

I had the same situation a while back.  I put each on a wireless mic that went with the performer for the switch. Problem solved. (in your case...)

-Tim T

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 10:52:43 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.