ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's that time of year again...  (Read 15936 times)

William Schnake

• Schnake Sound & Light
Re: It's that time of year again...
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »

Today was the first day of shop prep for my annual Clinton Global Initiative meeting. This year there are only a few changes from last year. Well... maybe that's not quite true, 40-50 audio destinations changed from analog audio getting embedded via AJA FS1 frame syncs to Madi because the video company just got a Snell 830 96x144 video and audio router that takes Madi in. And we moved one of my three consoles to another floor of the building, oh yeah, we extended our Dante network up to the 5th floor to get audio and comm up to a studio there. Other than that it's the same. We're also up to 7 pairs of Pathport Via12 switches.

I was hoping to just load last year's Dante Controller file, but alas it does not seem to work. I will be talking to tech support to find out why, but I have an idea of why it didn't work. We have not been renaming the Dante devices, but Dante routing in based on device names (I think). so when I put together the system this year I have approximately the same devices, but not the exact same hardware as last year. I set the Device ID to be the same, so in Controller each device has the right "Y00x" name, but the devices names also have additional text that seems to have to do with identifying the exact device. Since we didn't change the names last year, the new devices don't match, and won't load correctly in Dante Controller. I may be wrong about this, and I am going to talk to Audinate to clarify this, but my guess is that my problem is the old default names. If this is confirmed by Audinate I will be carefully renaming all the devices this year. Horse-Barn Door.

At least the console files loaded.

Tomorrow I will be sitting at Dante Controller repatching 3 consoles, 8 Rios, 3 Ro8s, and 1 RMio64 Dante-Madi bridge. There is some redundancy in my patch sheets, but there are 458 lines of patches in the spreadsheet I used to track the patching.

Load in starts next Monday, and we don't know who the band is yet. Business as usual.

Mac

Mac, I am almost sure that something that you said in this post is in English...I'm just not sure what.  Networks are challenging animals to say the least.  I am sure you will do a fantastic job as always.

Bill
Bill Schnake - Owner Schnake Sound & Light

Avid/Crown/EAW/EV/Midas/RCF/Shure/Yamaha

schnakesound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: It's that time of year again...
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.