ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RF Venue antenna and distro equipment?  (Read 5548 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
RF Venue antenna and distro equipment?
« on: September 12, 2015, 06:59:28 AM »

I'm moving into Shure QLX-D gear and eventually will need some antenna distribution.  Has anyone used their Diversity Fin and Distro4+ units?  Thoughts?

RFVenue has the rack-mounted spectrum analyzer thing that looks the same as the handheld RFVenue deal, but they seem to be very separate websites.  Are these products from the same company?

Thanks.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: RF Venue antenna and distro equipment?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »

I'm moving into Shure QLX-D gear and eventually will need some antenna distribution.  Has anyone used their Diversity Fin and Distro4+ units?  Thoughts?

RFVenue has the rack-mounted spectrum analyzer thing that looks the same as the handheld RFVenue deal, but they seem to be very separate websites.  Are these products from the same company?

Thanks.
Apparently no one has used these?

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »

Thanks.

I've used the RFVenue paddles a couple of times but they were in pretty easy environments, so i can't really contrast them with the other more typical offerings from Shure.

However, i know a little about the Spectrum Analyzer thingy.  This unit's origins were in a DIY project by some guys [in europe? i forget where exactly, but not the US] that flew model airplanes.  They developed a very inexpensive RF analyzer a few years ago and have since marketed it to the professional production industry.  I have one of the original handheld devices.  The rack unit is simply a repackaged version of the handheld unit.  They have several different versions available that cover different frequency ranges, but all the operational guts are essentially the same. 

I don't know any of the background info, but i've seen this product distributed and marketed through several channels in the US and abroad.  I think RFVenue is just the latest US distributor.

Hope that helps.
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:27:46 AM »

It's based on the RF Explorer http://j3.rf-explorer.com/ designed by a spanish guy called Ariel Rocholl.

This page has a global list of reselers, I bought mine online at http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/ Seeedstudio, which still has the best price for my location. If your willing to wait a couple of weeks for it to get to you...

Great little tool.

Cheers

D
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:50:41 AM »

Have you considered their RF Spotlight? If your RF stays in the same general area, they seem like a nice choice for coverage. If RF wanders, then zoned coverage or antennas are probably your best bet.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »

Thanks.

I have distro4 combin4 rig spotlights and diversity fins. They work great. I wouldn't by anything else. Never had one issues.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »

Buy with confidence. We have their RF analyzer, and distros and antennas deployed locally and in venues in So. California. They work flawlessly and with their newer distro you still get 4 mics and cascade.
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 09:32:04 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.