ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to vent !! Grrrrrrr….  (Read 15465 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Need to vent !! Grrrrrrr….
« on: September 10, 2015, 07:26:24 PM »

So 3 weeks ago, I ordered my SRX covers from LeCover who I have been using for years. Over that time, I have had the best service and great quality from them so naturally I wanted to use them again. 
When I went to place the order (8/19), Larry (the owner) had a disclosure on the front page explaining he was closing the workshop from 8/19 till 9/1 for vacation but was giving a 10% discount for the inconvenience. Just my luck - I wished I ordered earlier at that point but it was what it was so I placed the order for 2 x SRX815p covers which were listed on the website and the SRX828sp cover also.
The SRX828sp was listed without the wheel configuration so I sent Larry specific instructions in an email on the SRX 828 sub expressing that I would be attaching wheels and sent him photos, diagrams and measurements. He responded letting me know that my order would be one of the first ones worked on when everyone returned 9/2.
I hadn't heard anything by yesterday (9/9) and sent an email letting him know I was looking forward to getting the covers and that I had folks interested in his products (kinda hinting)
I didn't hear again by today so this morning I asked for tracking info. He responded and said his seamstress didn't get back till tuesday (9/8) and the covers had not even been started - sorry for the delay.
At this point I was a bit miffed to say the least and told him he could have let me know a bit sooner. He then sent me another email telling me they should ship today. I thanked him and suggested he sends it overnight as a courtesy for the extra delay.

I just received an email from him indicating he sent the sub cover '2 day shipping' but there was a problem with the SRX815 covers. He said they are too irregularly shaped and he couldn't develop a suitable template so he is refunding my money that he has had for 3 weeks and canceling the order - WTF..????

I am so peed off right now….

And to add insult to injury…….here is my other beef..

Over a week ago (9/2), I ordered my ADJ fixtures from PSSL. Never used them before but the reviews looked pretty good and the prices were the best I could find.

They arrived yesterday (9/9), and of course 1 was defective. The mounting bracket cannot be attached as the thread portion of the hole in the body is missing.
Their website makes a huge deal about contacting them within 24 hours if any damage or defect occurs so  I contacted them right away through their website and received a response requesting I call my rep 'Robert'.
I did so and left a message on his VM to call me back. I also contacted customer service once more letting them know so my call could be logged. They responded telling me they had let Robert know I had left the message.
I did not hear back all day so I contacted CS again this morning and asked if I could get an RMA to return the faulty unit as I want to get this resolved ASAP.
They responded saying that they will let Robert know again that he needs to get back to me.
By 5.00pm I had heard nothing again and wrote one last email suggesting someone else contacts me as Robert was being unresponsive or maybe I should request a PayPal refund????? Ironically that was enough to get Robert on the phone.
He explained the delay in getting back to me was because he had been busy with other (obviously more important) issues.
I explained the defect to him and he told me he would sent an RMA which would be ground freight and the unit would probably get there in a week. Then it would have to be checked which would take another however many days, then they would send me another unit which would take another week.
So it would be at least 3 weeks from the time of order before I could use the unit (assuming the new one works). He also called CS liars and said they did not let him know I had contacted them. He also said he had just listened to my VM I sent today - which I sent yesterday morning.
I asked if we could expedite this and he said if I pay again on my credit card for another unit, he would discount the second unit, send it out right away to get here in a week and then refund one item back when he receives the defective one.
However, the discount he offered was free shipping - which I had in the first place-  and $12 MORE than I paid originally……
Long story short, I refused his offer, asked for a refund for the faulty unit, went straight to B & H to order a new one at the same price and it will be here monday or tuesday…… Grrrrrrr...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Need to vent !! Grrrrrrr….
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 07:49:17 PM »

You really put the grrrrr in girl...

This too shall pass.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 07:51:31 PM »

This too shall pass.

A regular "Toni" the Tiger.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 07:59:54 PM »

So get this - LeCover -although he told me he was upgrading the shipping on the sub as a courtesy for the huge delay on this, he has refunded me only the cost of the 2 covers that HE cancelled. When I asked him if he was refunding the shipping I paid on those 2 items, he told me because the upgraded shipping cost him more, he's keeping my shipping money……..OMG….ARE YOU SERIOUS????…...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:05:52 PM »

So get this - LeCover -although he told me he was upgrading the shipping on the sub as a courtesy for the huge delay on this, he has refunded me only the cost of the 2 covers that HE cancelled. When I asked him if he was refunding the shipping I paid on those 2 items, he told me because the upgraded shipping cost him more, he's keeping my shipping money……..OMG….ARE YOU SERIOUS????…...

So in effect the upgraded shipping on the sub cover was a financial courtesy for him?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »

This too shall pass.

Thanks Dick….You know,  its not the fact that things go wrong and items can be faulty - with me its all about how the situation is handled by the company. Customer Service is so important and once bitten - I NEVER go back to that vendor - I'd rather pay twice as much.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 08:17:15 PM »

So in effect the upgraded shipping on the sub cover was a financial courtesy for him?

Right - silly me - I didn't stipulate whose courtesy it was to be - my fault….

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »

A regular "Toni" the Tiger.

My new name...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »

Right - silly me - I didn't stipulate whose courtesy it was to be - my fault….

I doubt he reads these forums, maybe you should send him a link and let him see how his behavior effects the perception of him on the Interwebs.

Mac

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »

Thanks Dick….You know,  its not the fact that things go wrong and items can be faulty - with me its all about how the situation is handled by the company. Customer Service is so important and once bitten - I NEVER go back to that vendor - I'd rather pay twice as much.

Well, I'm done eating supper and there's no ball game tonight...just a PBS Pledge Week special on Glenn Campbell...so call if you want.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 08:31:08 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.904 seconds with 24 queries.