ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: com over CAT5... update  (Read 9812 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: com over CAT5... update
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 06:21:11 PM »

I'd give pro intercom a call.  They have a couple of boxes, the AD903 being the one I'm familiar with, that converts party line to four wire audio, and also the AD920 that convert party line unbalanced to four wire intercom.  The AD920 can convert signalling as well to match four wire comms, but what I don't know is if you can just use a pair of AD920s back to back.

Not a cheap solution, but an off-the-shelf solution.
Its a pity the designers and manufacturers  of the AD903 did not include a call signal passthrough using audio signalling.

Yes, you can run two 4W converters back to back, that is what they are meant for. You will however have to remotely power each end or be limited to the small number of stations that can be powered by the converter, assuming it can provide power, most can.

Mac

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 06:44:07 PM »

Yes, you can run two 4W converters back to back, that is what they are meant for. You will however have to remotely power each end or be limited to the small number of stations that can be powered by the converter, assuming it can provide power, most can.

Mac
In this case, a run of mic cable will be cheaper but I will try the cct you linked to for interest sake.
It would be fine for cameras as they don't signal but for festival use, I need to have the call function.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »

Mac

Here is an example of what Mac is describing - it shows interconnect with 4 wire converters (or satellite)   

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:29:37 PM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.