Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Wireless and Communications

Wireless Intercom recommendation anyone?

(1/6) > >>

Diogo Nunes Pereira:
Hi there.

One of my clients wants to buy a new wireless comms system. We mostly do corporate gigs in hotels and convention centers, and have been somewhat happy with the HME Pro850 he owns. I wouldn't recommend him a second one though... (To tricky to program from the front panel, etc...)

We rented the Telex BTR-800 a few times and I was happy with it. Both this systems have excellent range, being in the UHF range, and that's important: Someone can leave the room and still listen to the show caller...

What would you guys buy nowadays? Any good suggestions on new (or old) systems that work fine and can be used in conjunction with regular 2-wire systems?

Any help from this panel of experts is fully appreciatted. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Diogo

(EDIT 1)

Sorry... should have searched the forum first. Some old post illuminated my doubts. Cheers

Scott Helmke:
BTR is still popular, but has limited tuning range by today's standards. Pick your frequency blocks carefully before buying!

On the way more expensive end there is RAD's UV-1G system. Functionally very similar to BTR, but the base station can transmit over the whole UHF television range while the beltpacks transmit down in VHF. Also the RF works a bit differently, making it possible to tune the beltpack transmit frequencies much closer together.

Pete Erskine:

--- Quote from: Scott Helmke on September 01, 2015, 08:27:42 AM ---BTR is still popular, but has limited tuning range by today's standards. Pick your frequency blocks carefully before buying!

--- End quote ---

BTR is discontinued as well as HME  850.  Clear-Com still has some BTR in stock I think if you still want it.

Keith Broughton:

--- Quote from: Pete Erskine on September 01, 2015, 09:29:56 AM ---BTR is discontinued as well as HME  850.  Clear-Com still has some BTR in stock I think if you still want it.

--- End quote ---
We had a chance to use BTR800, BTR80N, and Tempest 2.4 and 900 systems on the same gig and I will have to admit that the best sound quality is still the BTR800.
The range on the Tempest was by far the best and the remote progamming was handy.
HME850 is a pain to program.

Chris Johnson [UK]:
FreeSpeak II is the current winner IMO.

Sounds very nearly as good as BTR, all the clever programming features of Tempest and then some. Up to 20 beltpacks and 10 antennae per base station, much more capacity if you use matrix cards.

The downside is, its expensive

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version