ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barcelona's RF looks like this... Which BTR band would make sense?  (Read 5542 times)

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
Barcelona's RF looks like this... Which BTR band would make sense?
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:42:05 PM »

Hi there.

In the quest to buy a new RF Intercom for a hire company, here's an RF Explorer scan from today and Pete's excel with TV channels labeled... We also have to manage to fit Shure's H51 or J5E and L3E equipment in this town.

I wonder if Telex makes H6... which doesn't show up in their frequency sheet? We usually hire C6.

Does it still makes sense to go with an analog system with a limited band, or should we really consider moving to DECT or 2.4G? The FreeSpeak way...

Thank you.

Diogo
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
Re: Barcelona's RF looks like this... Which BTR band would make sense?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »

Hi there.

In the quest to buy a new RF Intercom for a hire company, here's an RF Explorer scan from today and Pete's excel with TV channels labeled... We also have to manage to fit Shure's H51 or J5E and L3E equipment in this town.

I wonder if Telex makes H6... which doesn't show up in their frequency sheet? We usually hire C6.

Does it still makes sense to go with an analog system with a limited band, or should we really consider moving to DECT or 2.4G? The FreeSpeak way...

Thank you.

Diogo

Did you scan DECT?  1880 to 1900 mHz  If it's clear and If this is perm install I would consider FreeSpeak II.  How much of your facility do you want to cover.  The antennas each serve 5 beltpacks so id you have a 20 BP system you need 4 antennas (5 is better) in main room and in dock, dress, production office maybe only 1 antenna each.

Base can take 6 or 7 comm channels (4 4-wire, 2 2-wire, and SA/Aux)  and these channels can ve used in any way on the 5 buttons on each beltpack.  only channel AB have volume knobs - CH CDE are soft listen levels.

Since it's for hire co do NOT buy FSII! No telling where the band will be used and if it is you can't use FSII.  The wifi band is an issue in large arenas - too many smart phones pinnging...

Telex BTR is at end of life and will be discontinued as will HME 850 soon. 

I think your best choice is Radio Active Design UV-1G but I don't know the status of their European Type acceptance.  The system covers the entire UHF and VHF hi band with the same hardware.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:05:42 AM by Pete Erskine »
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:19 PM »

Did you scan DECT?  1880 to 1900 mHz 

Thanks Pete.

I'll have to get (or build?) a proper antenna for that band... But the 3G module on my RF explorer does cover that range.

It's for a rental company. Mostly corporate shows, and the venues do change. And so does the spectrum. Most shows require about a dozen wireless mics plus RF comms. Sometime the double. IEMs barely leave the shop unless there's a musical component to the show.

UV-1G unit looks good, and I do want to learn more about it, and the modulation scheme for the beltpacks, and the VHF band... I'll have to start scanning VHF, I do have an antenna for that. Let's see when we can use the RAD here in Europe.

The BTR still seems the best option for now. That, and creating an habit among company managers to account for band plan and coordination.

Cheers

Diogo
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:25:59 PM »

I think your best choice is Radio Active Design UV-1G but I don't know the status of their European Type acceptance.  The system covers the entire UHF and VHF hi band with the same hardware.

RAD does not yet have distribution outside North American. It's in the works, as is the various RF compliances required.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Diogo Nunes Pereira

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:46:57 AM »

RAD does not yet have distribution outside North American. It's in the works, as is the various RF compliances required.

Thanks Henry.

Your system does look very good.

Hopefully it will cross the Atlantic soon. Good luck with all the EU conformity process.

Cheers

Diogo
Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:46:57 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.