ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blended Screens  (Read 4262 times)

Brian Kent Tennyson

• http://www.visitec.com
Blended Screens
« on: October 20, 2005, 09:40:59 AM »

I recently finished a design for a youth center that had a key show piece of a 40' wide 8' tall seamless three screen array. The system is set up to allow edge blending in the future. This is something I have been wanting to design for some time now but have never had the chance.

Has anyone out there had any experience with this type of system? How did it work out for you?
You can't get enough, but enough ain't the test.

Brian Kent Tennyson
Visitec Inc.
www.visitec.com

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Blended Screens
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 11:06:08 AM »

Brian Kent Tennyson wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 09:40

I recently finished a design for a youth center that had a key show piece of a 40' wide 8' tall seamless three screen array. The system is set up to allow edge blending in the future. This is something I have been wanting to design for some time now but have never had the chance.

Has anyone out there had any experience with this type of system? How did it work out for you?

I guess you are using 3 screens at 16x9 aspect ratio which gives you about 42' of width at 8' high. To have blended edges with a system like Montage, or Spyder, you are going to need more overlap than your extra 2' allows. I have been on many shows with seamless multi-projector images. It takes a lot of setup and alignment, and you need to have the image files set up for that kind of projection. Properly set up it can be spectacular.

Mac

Clayton Luckie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:54:30 PM »

This is something we want to grow into, but its really above my head right now.  Do you know of any good web resources to learn about multi screen control stuff?

cl

jwhmusic

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 03:19:12 AM »

Go to videoforworship.com, and see if there's an email link.  A guy named Greg that works there does video for Passion worship, as well as North Point in Atlanta.  He has been coordinating this type of multi-screen array a lot recently.  (See picture examples on website)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 03:19:12 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.