ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Overflow room, or how not to get accepted into an online community  (Read 7156 times)

Soundlearn

I want to send audio to an overflow room. I know I can use aux sends to do this but the issue is that we also have a ceiling mic for congregational singing that I need to mix with that aux send. I don't want that ceiling mic channel to go to my main outs.

Anyone have an idea on how to do this without another mixer?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 11:28:56 AM by Mac Kerr »

David Kaiser

Re: Overflow room
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:09:15 AM »

Before we can help you, you need to enter you real name in the name category. If you do not, the moderator will be along soon to lock the thread.

What model mixer do you have?

Soundlearn

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:21:13 AM »

The username is typically different than the person's name. I have nothing to hide but that is a interesting requirement which I can't find in the documentation.

The mixer is an old Phonic but I am open to purchasing another mixer to make this work. Right now we have the output of the Phonic wyed which goes to one channel of a second small mixer and the ceiling mic on another channel of the small mixer and that is is sent to the overflow room.

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »

The username is typically different than the person's name. I have nothing to hide but that is a interesting requirement which I can't find in the documentation.

Every forum has a sticky thread at the top which lists this requirement among other things. The one in the Church Sound forum is titled "POSTING RULES AND GUIDELINES".
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Soundlearn

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:44:49 AM »

I didn't read any sticky but I did read the requirements for registering which doesn't include this.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 08:49:17 AM »

I didn't read any sticky but I did read the requirements for registering which doesn't include this.

If you will notice, you are the only person on the ENTIRE FORUM posting under a pseudonym.

I strongly and respectfully suggest that you check your ego at the door if you wish any help.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 08:51:29 AM »

You don't need your real name to register, but you do need your real name to post:

Soundlearn

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 08:57:21 AM »

That's unique.

Soundlearn

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 09:02:10 AM »

Think about what you are saying. You allow people to register for the purpose of posting but then you won't let them post until they ignore that account and reregister with their real first name and last name. Did everyone on this forum have to go through this process?

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »

Think about what you are saying. You allow people to register for the purpose of posting but then you won't let them post until they ignore that account and reregister with their real first name and last name. Did everyone on this forum have to go through this process?
The rules aren't open for discussion.  Your choice is clear.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.