ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for a back-up board / iPad mixing.  (Read 16716 times)

Rob Campbell

Re: Suggestions for a back-up board / iPad mixing.
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2015, 07:45:02 AM »

Rob - I appreciate your input and the fact you took the time to bring the negative comments to my attention - thank you That's what research is all about and I am weighing up everything I read and hear….

Thanks Debbie, I wish you success in finding what you need.

As a side note, Sean, from Soundcraft was in touch with me and others on this subject and has acknowledged some problems and asked for my serial# and description of the noise issues etc. If it gets sorted, this will be a brilliant bit of kit.

Back to lurking for me. :)

john lutz

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2015, 01:56:48 PM »

It shouldn't be disregarded, but in general, people are very quick to let others know about problems but tend not to post/write about positive experiences.

Steve.

Sometimes if one believes they are not getting the attention that is deserved to resolve a problem, posting on a forum is a last resort.  It may wake someone up that can help. It may also bring forth others that thought they were the only one with that problem or it may confirm that a problem is indeed rare.  Additionally it is a lot harder to write a meaningful positive product review that is more than just, "my Super 5000 is awesome" than to say, "my Super 5000 is DOA outa the box - anyone else got that?".

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »

As long as the reported problems are backed with fact and more substance than "this thing sucks."
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »

Yesterday whilst at Sam Ash taking care of the SRX828p issue,I spoke with my guy about the QU- PAC to see what price he could do. I found out that he had enrolled me in some rewards program on my last visit when I made the SRX purchase and it qualified me for $210 discount. Not only that, he gave me a great price out the door on the QU-PAC and it qualified me for a further $76 rewards for next purchase. It was a no brainier and I had to order one.
I made my decision to get the A&H over the other brands because as others have mentioned, I won't have to learn a new platform and the switch at a show would be much smoother.

I'm now thinking that if I put my iem transmitters in a separate rack ( they are now installed in the mixer rack), on the shows where I know I have to use the iPad for mixing, I could take much less gear.

The mixer rack weighs well over 100lbs and is big and bulky. On the shows where I mix on the iPad, it's seems a lot to take to sit stage side all night.

Gotta find a nice shallow 4 u rack now. All mine are too deep and the QU PAC is very shallow and I need easy access  to the back connections.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Stephen Kirby

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 12:09:51 PM »

Wrong side of the continent but give Liz or Mark a call.  http://www.audiopile.net/R4UE-10

Good folks who've helped a lot of people here if you haven't dealt with them before.

Steve Garris

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 12:27:31 PM »

Wrong side of the continent but give Liz or Mark a call.  http://www.audiopile.net/R4UE-10

Good folks who've helped a lot of people here if you haven't dealt with them before.

Excellent customer service and very robust cases. Be aware though, they are extremely heavy!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »

Excellent customer service and very robust cases. Be aware though, they are extremely heavy!

I know- the mixer rack case I am using for the QU16 came from them and it is a beast! ... Good and solid though...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.