ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GLD HELP!!  (Read 8904 times)

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: GLD HELP!!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 07:46:07 PM »

I realize my comment doesn't help you Michael and I'm sorry this happened to you but I would never risk any new equipment arriving at my door one day before a show. Even the most expensive high end consoles out there can be defective .... I am sorry though and I hope you find a solution without too much of a headache - good luck

I thought about posting the same thing, but the OP has enough to worry about right now.  However, the quality control of most manufacturers seems to be pretty solid, in that when I take it out of the box, I expect it to work.  I actually expect the new piece out of the box to be more reliably function than the one I've had bouncing around in my truck for the last couple years.

The key is to have a game plan in place so that one piece of defective gear doesn't take down your whole show.
Brian Jojade

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »

I thought about posting the same thing, but the OP has enough to worry about right now.  However, the quality control of most manufacturers seems to be pretty solid, in that when I take it out of the box, I expect it to work.  I actually expect the new piece out of the box to be more reliably function than the one I've had bouncing around in my truck for the last couple years.

The key is to have a game plan in place so that one piece of defective gear doesn't take down your whole show.

I would think everyone expects a brand new piece of equipment to work out of the box - especially at this price point and  I think we have all fallen into the trap of not being prepared if this is not the case at one time or another.
However, I won't even upgrade firmware in my mixer till I've had 3 or 4 folks on the forum tell me its safe to do so and even then I update after the weekend  so I have time to put things right if a software problem arises.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »

And sometimes, life just happens that you bring a new piece of gear in for a show because you ordered it specifically for that show-- and the time frame works out that there just isn't time to test it as much as you would like to. Which is where having redundant backups is a good plan!

I like to tell people I deliver results, not excuses. "It's brand new, it SHOULD work!" is a hell of an excuse, but still.

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 05:52:42 PM »

You can definitely do a show though. Without that bank all you have is GLD-80. I do plenty of shows with lots of inputs, auxes, FX, DCAs and etc on my GLD 80. It can get a little crowded but totally doable. This is obviously in the realm of practical-today advice.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »

I hope Michael was able to get things taken care of……
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Sami Torvinen

• Torvinen Showtekniikka
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 06:39:38 PM »

I have had ribbon cable going partially loose inside GLD-80 which led to losing all faders on a single bank. Just put the GLD upside down on a table, open the bottom cover and reseat the cable(s). It takes 2 minutes max.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 01:45:20 AM »

Hey guys, the show went off just fine. I ended up grabbing an M7 for the show and we ended up used 40x10 as a monitor console. I could've gotten by if I had messed around with it enough but for the clients sake and to ease some stress it was in my best interest to get something that was fully functioning rather than using excuses to get me through the show.
Part of me had a feeling this would happen; it was the icing on the cake for the week. But it's behind me now, I'm going to go pick up the case tomorrow and A&H will have me a new desk in a week or two.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 02:11:51 PM »

So I just got another desk  from A&H yesterday. Plugged it in. Everything is cool.

A&H made it seem like a major inconvenience that I wanted a new console and made me jump through hoop after hoop to get this thing going properly. The local rep support is great and the sales reps at A&H are great. That's where the compliments end. However I'm sitting in front of this thing right now with a smile on my face as I dig into it.

Any tips or tricks from GLD users?

I've got a 4 day event starting Thursday and could use a little user experience. I have all my basic functions setup and working already, just looking for a couple " ahh haa " moments

Thanks

Michael

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »

So I just got another desk  from A&H yesterday. Plugged it in. Everything is cool.

A&H made it seem like a major inconvenience that I wanted a new console and made me jump through hoop after hoop to get this thing going properly. The local rep support is great and the sales reps at A&H are great. That's where the compliments end. However I'm sitting in front of this thing right now with a smile on my face as I dig into it.

Any tips or tricks from GLD users?

I've got a 4 day event starting Thursday and could use a little user experience. I have all my basic functions setup and working already, just looking for a couple " ahh haa " moments

Thanks

Michael

So pleased you got taken care of Michael but concerned you had to work so hard to get what you were entitled too.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »

That's my biggest complaint as well Debbie. To top it all off I just realized this thing doesn't even come with a dust cover!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.