ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JTR 3TX; replacing 60x40 horn with wider  (Read 6678 times)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
Re: JTR 3TX; replacing 60x40 horn with wider
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »

The 3TX is designed to be small, light and powerful. The horn is the full width of the box. If you wanted more pattern control you would need a bigger horn and a bigger box, which sort of defeats the whole concept.

Yep. I'm very happy with mine. They fit in the very limited space outside the proscenium at one of my favorite local theaters, where pretty much everybody else has to ground stack on stage. They hide against tent poles at graduations where discreet appearance is paramount. They weigh nothing, and handle immense power. I can live with the pattern, whatever it actually is.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Marjan Milosevic

• MM-acoustics
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 07:52:09 AM »

The 3TX is designed to be small, light and powerful. The horn is the full width of the box. If you wanted more pattern control you would need a bigger horn and a bigger box, which sort of defeats the whole concept.

Crossing over at a higher frequency will not change the overall directivity, but if you are not careful it will stop the two 10” drivers playing nicely with each other.  At 450Hz they are getting close to being 1 / 4 of a wave length apart so it all works really nicely.

Yeah but this way the horn is not properly loading the driver that low, and you are risking to blow the MF part when pushed hard.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 07:52:09 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.