ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL PRX735 15" driver - Magnet fell off twice in 6 months  (Read 6609 times)

Andrew Kelpiedog

Re: JBL PRX735 15" driver - Magnet fell off twice in 6 months
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 09:57:32 PM »

Has anyone heard of any issues with the JBL 15" driver used in the PRX735? A friend has a new pair of PRX735s and one of the cabs has had the magnet on the 15" fall off twice in less than six months. JBL replaced it both times with a new driver and it's only happened to the one box. The other box has had no problems.
Hey Gary, I've been searching the web for answers regarding our prx735's which just lost their magnets and found your forum post.  I purchased a pair from a friend who had had a great run with the speakers, however within a month one of the 15inch drivers lost its magnet - we thought that was strange, but then a week later the other driver lost its magnet too.  I've been in touch with JBL and their distributors in Australia, but they don't want to help me.  I read your post and immediately thought that perhaps there was a bad batch of drivers in the market, but JBL refuse to entertain the idea.  I've provided them with several pics of the drivers and magnets, serial numbers etc, but they are unwilling to help.  The glue which holds the magnet onto the speaker frame has let go from the magnet, which makes me thing perhaps there was dust or oil on the magnets when they were manufactured.  Anyway, it looks like I am on my own with the repairs - it turns out it is very difficult to get replacement 4 ohm drivers in Australia, but we will keep looking, for now we have installed a pair of p audio 8 ohm drivers which sound ok, a little down on power.  Has anyone out there had a similar problem??

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 10:07:46 PM »

Hey Gary, I've been searching the web for answers

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac
admin

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 11:42:34 PM »

Hey Gary, I've been searching the web for answers regarding our prx735's which just lost their magnets and found your forum post.  I purchased a pair from a friend who had had a great run with the speakers, however within a month one of the 15inch drivers lost its magnet - we thought that was strange, but then a week later the other driver lost its magnet too.  I've been in touch with JBL and their distributors in Australia, but they don't want to help me.  I read your post and immediately thought that perhaps there was a bad batch of drivers in the market, but JBL refuse to entertain the idea.  I've provided them with several pics of the drivers and magnets, serial numbers etc, but they are unwilling to help.  The glue which holds the magnet onto the speaker frame has let go from the magnet, which makes me thing perhaps there was dust or oil on the magnets when they were manufactured.  Anyway, it looks like I am on my own with the repairs - it turns out it is very difficult to get replacement 4 ohm drivers in Australia, but we will keep looking, for now we have installed a pair of p audio 8 ohm drivers which sound ok, a little down on power.  Has anyone out there had a similar problem??

Buying used one never knows the history of the components.  JBL stands behind their products.  Good luck sorting this out.  :)

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 12:34:52 AM »

JBL stands behind their products.
What personal experience with JBL service department have you had? It sounds like you have had a positive experience. Who did you work with to get your issue resolved?
Has anyone noticed a change in JBL service since they were purchased by Sansung? Better or worse?

Steve-White

• Fort Worth
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 11:18:16 AM »

What personal experience with JBL service department have you had? It sounds like you have had a positive experience. Who did you work with to get your issue resolved?
Has anyone noticed a change in JBL service since they were purchased by Sansung? Better or worse?

PM sent.  I don't have any insight into corporate ownership of Harman by Samsung and potential impact it could have on customer service.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »

We've had very good support from JBL but we're not in the PRX's target market...

Also this is a zombie thread - nearly 5 years old.

Again I will ask the mods - why can we not have these automatically lock after 60 weeks?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.