ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where can I get these brackets?  (Read 4014 times)

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Where can I get these brackets?
« on: August 12, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »

I need some beam attachment brackets just like the ones in the picture. They need pan and tilt capability. Mounting 50lbs speakers.

Polar Focus can make them. Just looking for another source.

Thanks

Jason Lavoie

Re: Where can I get these brackets?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:39:15 PM »

I need some beam attachment brackets just like the ones in the picture. They need pan and tilt capability. Mounting 50lbs speakers.

Polar Focus can make them. Just looking for another source.

Thanks

Assuming you're using a speaker that already has a yoke, I think the top part would be custom no matter what since ceiling beams come in so many widths.

Having a metal shop cut flat stock and bend it into a U shape with specific dimensions is surprisingly cheap if you can draw exactly what you want.

Jason

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 04:43:21 PM »

That looks like a couple pieces of flat stock welded to a piece of 1x2 to me.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »

Those brackets were made by Polar Focus. You just give them the model speaker, beam width and a few more details and they custom mfg. them.

They do a great job. Nice PE stamped brackets. I was looking for a little less expensive alternative.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 12:06:16 AM »

Those brackets were made by Polar Focus. You just give them the model speaker, beam width and a few more details and they custom mfg. them.

They do a great job. Nice PE stamped brackets. I was looking for a little less expensive alternative.

You really want brackets that won't drop the speakers on someone's head. Your local welding shop might not be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 01:31:32 AM »

I'm sure any welding involved would not be the weakest link.

Although there's no reason why a local welding shop's welding would be inferior.

Steve.

duane massey

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »

Shouldn't need to weld anything. Bend 2-4" strap to fit the beam, bend same strap to fit the speaker, drill holes where needed, pretty much done. Built a few of these over the years.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »

Shouldn't need to weld anything. Bend 2-4" strap to fit the beam, bend same strap to fit the speaker, drill holes where needed, pretty much done. Built a few of these over the years.

If I only had a metal break.

I was thinking about fabing something up. JBL has some nice ready to go U-brackets. Just need the beam attachment. Won't have a PE stamp, but I'll over design. Less than 50lb speaker

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 12:59:13 AM »

If I only had a metal break.

I was thinking about fabing something up. JBL has some nice ready to go U-brackets. Just need the beam attachment. Won't have a PE stamp, but I'll over design. Less than 50lb speaker

download the catalog from the "Simpson Strong-Tie" company, they make all the steel parts you see holding together just about every glulam framed building in the US.  You can browse the catalog and perhaps find a saddle or beam connector that you could adapt easily to your uses for the part that grabs the beams.  They have all the sizes for glulam construction and there are industry standards for the dimensions for those beams even when they are considered "custom"  (I've found them to be even-inch sizes so for example, a 6" beam is actually 6", not the 5.5" that standard dimensional lumber and timbers would be)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

John Rutirasiri

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 12:44:25 AM »

I'm sure any welding involved would not be the weakest link.

Although there's no reason why a local welding shop's welding would be inferior.

Steve.

Totally agree.  Welds, if done right, are as strong or stronger than the original metal.
Welds that corrode is another story, but this is indoor. 

The only thing with a local shop would be traceability right down to the stock used.

If you're in high humidity, high chlorine or near ocean, use 316 stainless. 

John R.

John R.
ClearImpact Sound & Event Services, Inc.
Sound/Lighting/Corporate A/V

"If it ain't broke, make it better."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 12:44:25 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 26 queries.