ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best recommended weatherproof wall speakers for poolside background music?  (Read 14283 times)

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

I'm still left with the exact same problem. Most of the drivers current are too brittle to handle an increase in usage such as that brought on by getting a new amplifier.

I thought you were replacing all the speakers?

My suggestion was based on that.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mitch Philips

I thought you were replacing all the speakers?

My suggestion was based on that.

Oh yes sorry, I read your reply wrong. I am replacing all of them. But the big question is: what do I replace them with?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

Oh yes sorry, I read your reply wrong. I am replacing all of them. But the big question is: what do I replace them with?
Here is how I would approach the "problem".

Now that you have a budget number-subtract the "KNOWNS"-wire-labor-hopefully a new amp etc.

So now you have what is "left over" for the speakers alone.

You divide that by the number of speakers.

NOW you have a number that you can ask "What speaker would you recommend for my application that costs "X" (the number you came up with)"

Until people have some sort of an idea of budget-it is hard to recommend anything USEFUL TO YOU.

Remember that anything that is recommended needs to include a 70V transformer cost.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Mitch Philips

Here is how I would approach the "problem".

Now that you have a budget number-subtract the "KNOWNS"-wire-labor-hopefully a new amp etc.

So now you have what is "left over" for the speakers alone.

You divide that by the number of speakers.

NOW you have a number that you can ask "What speaker would you recommend for my application that costs "X" (the number you came up with)"

Until people have some sort of an idea of budget-it is hard to recommend anything USEFUL TO YOU.

Remember that anything that is recommended needs to include a 70V transformer cost.

Okay I'll get a tally and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your help.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA

Okay I'll get a tally and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your help.
The reason for the question is that MANY MANY times people ask questions about "what to do" yet have not put any thought into what is really needed within a certain budget.

They want quick answers or simple confirmation that what they are doing is "correct".

Thinking through the whole process can often reveal different answers or completely different questions.

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.