ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting Pan/Tilt Reverse for Moving Head mirrored operation  (Read 9110 times)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
Setting Pan/Tilt Reverse for Moving Head mirrored operation
« on: August 07, 2015, 11:29:35 AM »

I feel like an idiot for asking this- it seems to me it should be straightforward, but I usually end up guessing and get it wrong most of the time...  :o

I have two Chauvet 255 IRC moving heads set up in Master/Slave mode.  I want them to act like exact mirror opposites of each other.  I would think facing them both in the same direction (display panel 90 degrees to the right of audience) then setting the Pan on the Slave to Reverse while all other P/T are Normal would do it, but this is not always the case.  The setting also has to do with the Pan Angle Range (180/360/540) and the Tilt Range (90/180/270). 

So, for the various configurations:

Mounting: Upright/Upside Down
Physical orientation: Displays facing inward, outward, both to left, both to right

Pan Angle: 180/360/540
Tilt Angle: 90/180/270

What should the Pan/Tilt reverse settings be to obtain exact mirror operation?

Bonus points if you can tell me what they should be for the Chauvet 255 specific Totem mode. :)

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
Re: Setting Pan/Tilt Reverse for Moving Head mirrored operation
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

I did some extensive testing last night and here are my results:

The goal of the test was to discover how to obtain exact mirror operation from two 255 IRC's.  General mirrored operation is pretty intuitive (face both units front and set Master P/T OFF and Slave P/T ON), however since the lens is offset from the head's axis this can cause the appearance of misalignment.

Notes:
Master Pan & Tilt Reverse set to OFF
Angle restrictions on Master don't change the mirrored result
Angle restrictions on Slave are ignored
Mounting orientation (upright or upside down) doesn't matter

Settings for mirrored operation with Totem Mode OFF:
Display Panel facing both Right, both Left, or one front/one backwards. Set Slave Pan Reverse ON, Tilt Reverse OFF.

Settings for mirrored operation with Totem Mode UP or DOWN:
Display Panel facing both Front, both Back, Inwards (towards each other), or Outwards (away from each other). Set Slave Pan Reverse ON, Tilt Reverse OFF.

Jamesm3663

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

I have mine in a left/right mirror set up where all the settings are the same except pan. I have one side reversed and have the same side physically turned 180 degrees. Display facing upstage on one and facing downstage on the other. That's the only way I found that this could work. As for totem mode. I have no clue how this function is useable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.