ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damaged Hercules crank stands.  (Read 3570 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Damaged Hercules crank stands.
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »

I'm starting to think I'm having a bit of a string of bad luck..... I just had 2 bad brand new SRX subs and a bad ADJ light bar delivered last week and now my new Hercules lighting stands.
 I ordered a couple of Hercules crank stands which arrived earlier today. They were on back order so I had to wait a couple of weeks for them to come in.  I chose to get this brand because of  the known quality and other products I have owned. One of the stand's crank is bent and the other one has a big ding in the leg. Vendor did not use shipping box so stands were in plastic in one skin of cardboard. So frustrating...,
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: Damaged Hercules crank stands.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »

I'm starting to think I'm having a bit of a string of bad luck..... I just had 2 bad brand new SRX subs and a bad ADJ light bar delivered last week and now my new Hercules lighting stands.
 I ordered a couple of Hercules crank stands which arrived earlier today. They were on back order so I had to wait a couple of weeks for them to come in.  I chose to get this brand because of  the known quality and other products I have owned. One of the stand's crank is bent and the other one has a big ding in the leg. Vendor did not use shipping box so stands were in plastic in one skin of cardboard. So frustrating...,

Debbie,

It might be the hub that handles your shipments last. Until very recently I was a shipping manager for a manufacturing facility that did daily common carrier freight shipments. We noticed a pattern of damaged freight being much higher than average when the shipments passed through certain  hubs. Our two highest incident locations were in Houston Texas and the Carolinas.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »

Damaged Stands not good and did they insure the shipment. 
Get them replaced.  Photos help in these cases when photos of the box and broken items being unboxed.   

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 05:16:04 PM »

Although I got these online, luckily they came from one of the big box stores who I must say give me good service when things like this happen (Woodwind Brasswind).
I took pictures and called them - the gentleman I spoke to didn't quibble for one second, said he'd have 2 replacements sent out today and then sent a label to return the others. He also told me to hold on to the damaged ones till the new ones get here so I can still use them.
I don't doubt that the usual couriers -UPS, FEDEX etc throw these packages around and it really is a crap shoot these days whether your brand new gear arrives in good/new condition…..
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »

For whatver it's worth, and that's probably not much, when I ship to the commercial address at my day job, things are great.  When I ship to my home, they aren't, lots of damaged boxes...   Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.